Missing Post - Censorship?

Bargain Hunter said:
Hi,

Just wanted to know where my reply to 'feeling like a man' went. I posted early this morning and now it's gone.

Regards

Andrew
Maybe if you had been skulling a few and written something less intelligible it might have remained!! ;) :p

Bargain Hunter said:
Sim,

Great reply.

Now why was the post pulled? There was nothing defamatory or offensive about it....

Regards

Andrew
No Andrew, there was nothing defamatory or offensive about your post, except maybe that it did not answer a certain "call to arms". :rolleyes: But that's another story....

Sim did not remove it himself, it was one of the other mods (whom I was chatting to at the time) who felt that the thread was getting a bit much. :eek:

Plus methinks all the smoke from the bra burnings was clouding people's visions.....hmmm..... then again, perhaps it was more to do with all that lovely red stuff that was flowing so freely (hiccup). :eek: Either way, kudos to you for your post, very commendable! (I kept a copy of it, it was jolly good ol' man!) ;)

Cheers,

Jo

Last edited:
Please put it back...

Moderators

Do you reckon I am getting a crash course on cyberspace and how things work....
I sent emails to moderators asking that Andrew's post be "re posted" ? it was an excellent contribution, sincerely feel a lot of people will benefit from the two posts...now I have found where you guys live! nice here, looks like the rest of the site actually....
Seriously though, please, his posts were very worthy and constructive.
Pam.

our obsession said:
Moderators

Do you reckon I am getting a crash course on cyberspace and how things work....
I sent emails to moderators asking that Andrew's post be "re posted" ? it was an excellent contribution, sincerely feel a lot of people will benefit from the two posts...now I have found where you guys live! nice here, looks like the rest of the site actually....
Seriously though, please, his posts were very worthy and constructive.
Pam.
Hey Pam,

I didn't think it would upset the mods too much, and seeing as I kept a copy of Andrew's post, I took it upon myself to repost it for others to benefit from; it was a very good post. :)

I did remove the name of the person to whom it was addressing though, thus uninviting any further inappropriate labelling of persons who suffer abuse (in any form).

I have reposted it back into the "feeling like a man" thread.

Cheers,

Jo

P.S. Moderatiors I hope this was okay, if not, I will expect a firm (but not too much as I bruise easy) cyber-scolding!! :eek: ;)

It wasn't any one post that caused problems - it was all of them taken together - there were a few that were trashed together, not just one.

Bargain Hunter said:
Sim,

Great reply.

Now why was the post pulled? There was nothing defamatory or offensive about it....

Regards

Andrew
You are exactly right Bargain Hunter, there was nothing defamatory or offensive about your post. Unfortunately you did quote another deleted post, which would have caused confusion.

Hope that explains things a little more.

Ruby :)

Reactions: ani
Just so that people know. I have removed a number of posts from the same thread, having become a two way conversation, and have now locked that thread.

RichardC said:
Our mods are sensitive souls. Snide remarks, mild defamation, feminazis etc are OK but "robust", non-PC, defence aint.

Accordingl to the quidelines we are supposed to be to talk about anything. Guess that's true until it offends a moderator

kathryn d said:
Accordingl to the quidelines we are supposed to be to talk about anything. Guess that's true until it offends a moderator

Hi kathryn d

As a mere member I think we can talk about most things as long as it stays in line with the original post. What was being posted was WAY off Duncan's original post.

You and monopoly could have "discussed" via PM instead of hijacking the thread:)

A pity that Duncan's really interesting thread was locked as a result :(

ani said:
Hi kathryn d

As a mere member I think we can talk about most things as long as it stays in line with the original post. What was being posted was WAY off Duncan's original post.

You and monopoly could have "discussed" via PM instead of hijacking the thread:)

A pity that Duncan's really interesting thread was locked as a result :(

Ani,

Too bloody right, eh! I'm sure you, Duncan and myself aren't the only ones that are upset about the hijacking and subsequent locking of what was an excellent thread. Good to see that those posts from Monopoly and Kathryn were deleted, but I don't really understand why it was locked?

I mean, the posts could have been removed and a mod could have simply posted a statement along the lines of 'Posts were removed due to hijacking activities, keep the posts relevant to the thread'. How about it eh mods? Come on, that thread was the best thing on this forum in a long time.

Mark

I agree Mark.

In fact I think anything to do with child abuse etc on that thread should be deleted, because it's irrelevant and the thread subsequently unlocked.

This talk of politically correct posts has reminded me of something I saw on channel 7 last week. It was one of the new style cartoon programs for adults (was it American Dad? or Family Guy?).

The protagonist was accused of being tactless with comments such as the time when....The cartoon then fades to a a guy in a hospital bed with a marching band entering the room (the protagonist leading) singing "We've got your results. You've got the AIDS...not the HIV...the full blown AIDS...(repeat chorus) etc"

I suppose this is just another example of US society leading the rest of the world in desensitizing its people to the plight of others. Not sure what others thought but it concerned me. If I had the responsibility for censoring TV programs I would have cut this scene from the program.

Ajax

Last edited:
Back