Missing Post - Censorship?

American Dad is great! I wouldn't say it's about desensitising people to anything - it's about taking the piss out of a CIA agent/Republican/Alpha male type guy. I find it really funny :)

ani said:
Hi kathryn d

As a mere member I think we can talk about most things as long as it stays in line with the original post. What was being posted was WAY off Duncan's original post.

You and monopoly could have "discussed" via PM instead of hijacking the thread:)

A pity that Duncan's really interesting thread was locked as a result :(
Hi Ani,

I did try to suggest taking it outside the public arena, but Kathryn wanted a male's perspective on a situation that she felt she was entitled to ask being in the coffee lounge, and being a relatively new forum member not totally versed in forum etiquette. I on the otherhand should have known better!! :eek: Nonetheless, neither one of us intended to "hijack" Duncan's thread nor did we want it to end up locked, and I'm sorry it did.....(unlike my own emotionally driven ones) there were some very light-hearted "blokey" posts that were very entertaining!!

Maybe one of the moderators (and especially Duncan) will accept our apology and be kind enough to consider re-opening it (after all, it wasn't his fault it went off track). Failing that....maybe Duncan could start up a new "feeling like a man" with a footnote warning "deviators (or even plain ol' deviates :eek: ) will be proscuted" :p Hey, just a suggestion.......

Cheers,

Jo

Last edited:
Ajax said:
This talk of politically correct posts has reminded me of something I saw on channel 7 last week. It was one of the new style cartoon programs for adults (was it American Dad? or Family Guy?).

The protagonist was accused of being tactless with comments such as the time when....The cartoon then fades to a a guy in a hospital bed with a marching band entering the room (the protagonist leading) singing "We've got your results. You've got the AIDS...not the HIV...the full blown AIDS...(repeat chorus) etc"

I suppose this is just another example of US society leading the rest of the world in desensitizing its people to the plight of others. Not sure what others thought but it concerned me. If I had the responsibility for censoring TV programs I would have cut this scene from the program.

Ajax

Ajax,

That was from Family Guy - and thank goodness you don't choose what gets shown! I love that show, it's very very funny, very sharp witted while being completely silly at the same time. Besides, if it's offensive to you, you always have the choice of switching channels or even turning the telly off.

Mark

Thank you Monopoly

Yes, I also apologise, for my intent was not to offend or hi jack the thread. I just have to live everyday with the aftermath of that divorce.

If that thread in unlocked or another of the same name is started I promise not to respond.

Kathryn

kathryn d said:
Thank you Monopoly

Yes, I also apologise, for my intent was not to offend or hi jack the thread. I just have to live everyday with the aftermath of that divorce.

If that thread in unlocked or another of the same name is started I promise not to respond.

Kathryn

Does this apology include an apology to moderators (especially Geoff) for the slight in your previous post?

You know it was an unfair comment. The post removal and thread locking were in spite of your comments, not because of them. The thread was totally off topic, and becoming a bun fight. It's a pity, as it was quite an interesting and amusing thread before it got hijacked.

asy :D

The thread was amusing and funny in parts . It was also serious in parts.

After 8 pages it will evolve. When I read the guidelines of the coffee lounge it said "All discussion is welcome in the coffee lounge, sit down, kick back, and post. I like to throw controversial curve balls in to liven up discussion!"
That was from you?

I have apogized. That includes Geoff.

If I'm not welcome here, say so, and I will delete Somersoft from my favorites.

Kathryn

Mark,

if you had a friend who had suffered from AIDS (before retroviral drugs) and finally took his own life...you might not think that skit is so funny.

Ajax

kathryn d said:
The thread was amusing and funny in parts . It was also serious in parts.

After 8 pages it will evolve. When I read the guidelines of the coffee lounge it said "All discussion is welcome in the coffee lounge, sit down, kick back, and post. I like to throw controversial curve balls in to liven up discussion!"
That was from you?

I have apogized. That includes Geoff.

If I'm not welcome here, say so, and I will delete Somersoft from my favorites.

Kathryn

Never said you weren't welcome, nor would I. Everyone's welcome so long as they play nicely. :)

I was just noting that Geoff made a difficult decision in trashing posts and was making sure that he wasn't being derided for it.

I am glad it's all cleared up.

Looking forward to more posts from you :D

asy :D

Kathryn.

Thank for "apogizing" - hehe. Your apology is accepted.

Your contributions are welcome.

You might not be thinking so, but not all Aussies are as bad as your husbands ex ;)

Back