Western Sydney Meetup - Wednesday 22/7/15

Discussion in 'Meeting Point' started by skater, 22nd May, 2015.

1. wombat777

wombat777 Member

+1 for that idea. I could walk there, although if it stretches to midnightish like the last one I'll be lazy and drive.

2. ZOMG

ZOMG Hungry

Will be there!

3. C-mac

C-mac Member

I'm coming this time! Last time I got stuck back at work, and working on Kent street, by the time I could leave the office it was getting too late.

Defo want to come for this one (even if I have to take a half day! Actually, that's not such a bad idea...)

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Muppet

True, sorry bad example.
    Don't mess with it if it works!
    Have fun!!

5. Sim

Sim Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I have had an offer of meeting space from a venue at Darling Harbour ... but that wouldn't really qualify as "Western Sydney" would it?

I might investigate further and look at the option of trying some meetups there in the future to see if it works - just to give us more choices. I think your Western Sydney meetups are obviously servicing a good area - no need to change if what you've got is working for now.

6. skater

skater Capitalist

Media:
    Only if Western Sydney actually means Central Sydney.:D

I know a few that will give a free room, but they are at Penrith, and there's a Pub in Mt Druitt that is really quiet that has a heap of seating. BUT.....Wenty is working well. It's further for me, but that's fine.

7. bob shovel

bob shovel Muppet

Is up stairs of O'donoghues one?? Great spot. The old local as a 17 year old. Then high bar. Good times:D

8. Television

Television Schemin' and dreamin'

My vote stays for Wenty. We managed to work out the seating stuff without too much bother.

9. mflying

mflying Property Developer

we just kept extending tables... and it worked :):)

10. neK

neK Member

That might happen in a few years :)

Wenty's could be referred to as Sydney's "Inner West" at the rate at which the "Inner West" is growing :p

11. skater

skater Capitalist

Media:
    It's staying at Wenty's!
    Yep! Lots of tables.

Then it would be 'Inner West" not 'Central Sydney'. :D

12. Daniel95

Daniel95 Member

What happens at these meets?

13. beachgurl

beachgurl Member

Most of us get a meal and a drink and we sit and talk property til it's time to go home or we just hassle Mr Skater as to when he's finally allowed to retire :)

14. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Vantedge

The Western Sydney one is good but from what I have read, the day/time and location have only been questioned, so I think that a Sydney one could work well as a Friday night one for people that work in the CBD. Just depends on the interest from people working around there.

15. skater

skater Capitalist

Media:
    LOL! He's allowed to retire whenever he wants.....but....he's decided to see out the end of the contract on the job he's doing. So he'll do it in September, just in time for Elder Skater 's (hehe she'll love that - not) birthday.

16. skater

skater Capitalist

Media:
    Nick, you can't please everyone. For years, there were meet-ups in Baulkham Hills on a Thursday or a Friday, when I was working. Did I whinge & try to get everyone to change the day, or the location (not great for me)? No, I didn't, I just accepted that I couldn't make it.

Prior to that, we used to have monthly meetings in Glebe. They were really hard for us to get to, because Hubby used to have to get home from work first, then collect me before we headed out there, but I think we went to most of them, and had a great time.

Sim regularly does something at Chatswood. I think I've been once, but getting to Chatswood from Western Sydney at that time of day is too hard for me, so I don't go. I live closer to Penrith than Wenty, so it's a distance.

The day & location of the Western Sydney meet-ups seem to be fine for most people, judging by the turn out, and Wenty is a lot more central than Penrith or St Mary's which is where I've had them in the past, so we are getting people come from all over Sydney, which is great, but keep your eyes peeled, as I'm sure Sim will organise something soon. It's been a while since the last one.

17. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Vantedge

I agree. But I was just thinking about the people working in the CBD and the possibility of doing a separate one for those people, only if there was enough interest.

The reason I mentioned it, was just a thought to Sims post because I sometimes travel to the CBD on Friday evenings for friends that work there and that is usually what they organise due to convenience for them.

18. neK

neK Member

I work in the city and Wednesdays arent the best for me either due to work commitments.

That said, i left work at around 8:20, got home, jumped in the car and got there by 9:30. Still plenty of people, though i did notice a group had left as a got there... maybe they didn't like me :p

Anyway, i think if people want to come, then make the effort, its a good night out that doesn't cost a much money and you get to exchange ideas with many different people :)

I would claim my the cost of my water as a tax deduction, but it was free :p

@ Skater, please keep the location at Wenty's - i like the location and atmosphere of the place. :)

19. skater

skater Capitalist

Media:
    Yep! I intend to. I don't believe in messing with a winning formula.

20. bob shovel

bob shovel Muppet

Sorry skater:) caused some extra confusion for you