Morayfield duplex settles today

Hi all,

My duplex in Morayfield settles today. No buyer’s remorse at all. My only worry at the moment is advising the elderly male in unit A and the elderly female in B that the rent that they have been paying for the past 4 years is about to go up from 160p/w to 220p/w. I feel like a heel. Even at 220p/w I think it’s still cheap, if they move out I will put it up to 235p/w.

Hi all,

My duplex in Morayfield settles today. No buyer’s remorse at all. My only worry at the moment is advising the elderly male in unit A and the elderly female in B that the rent that they have been paying for the past 4 years is about to go up from 160p/w to 220p/w. I feel like a heel. Even at 220p/w I think it’s still cheap, if they move out I will put it up to 235p/w.
congratulation Wayne. In Victoria we are not allowed to have a big jump in rent like this without going thru the VCAT(Victorian something & Administrative Tribunal) crap.

60 days in QLD!!

Are the rises in prices and rent starting to slow down in Morayfield WGB?

I don't think we will see the growth we had in 07, however I believe I bought 30k under market value and still think we will see 7%+ CG this year. As for rent there seems to be very little available so the yields are set to increase.

IMO only

Back