More views about landlords/investors

True story, happened today...

We bought an IP with a bargain price in September and did a light touch renovation (mainly massive cleanup). I have not seen anything so dirty in my life. Toilets, shower, range hood, kitchen cabinets all full of crease and dirt and let's not forget the disgusting trash and rubbish outside and in the garage. During cleaning process we started to know all the neighbors. It felt that everyone in the neighborhood came to talk to us and tell stories about the previous owners... We heard so many stories that it started to feel that we know these people...

And today I actually met the previous owner by accident.:eek: :eek: :eek: I was in the supermarket check out cue and on the front of me there was a lady, who was chating with a 'check out chick'. Their discussion was something like that...

Sales Assistant: 'Based on your trolley it looks like that you are moving to new home'

Customer: ' yes, I have just moved to Smith Street

Sales Assistant: Oh I just sold my house on Smith Str. Number 100

Customer: 'I am not a new owner of your old house I am renting on number 80

Sales Assistant: ' Good, you do not look like you would be. Some rich ******* investor with a lot of money bought it. They have now put tenants in it. They got the best house in the surburb with the bargain price. If I had known that they have so much money I would have asked more.

What a coincident! These kind of things does not happen in real lives only in movies. You can guess that when it was my turn I was not willing to start chatting... :eek:

You rich ******* landlord. How dare you improve the property and rent it out! How does joe average manage to buy groceries when he's got to pay rent for a freshly-renovated property that he didn't put in any effort to improve! SHAME!

;)

How DARE you?!?!?

Back