Moving a brick house

This could be the stupidist question ever asked......but I will give it a go anyway

Is it possible to move a brick house to a different spot on the same (flat) block?

Glenn

Come on more info?
Is it built on a slab
or on stumps
Is it Double brick
or brick veneer?

If it is brick veneer and on stumps you usually Knock the bricks of the outside and clean and reuse them. Then move the house in the normal way to the new stumps.

Glenn said:
This could be the stupidist question ever asked......but I will give it a go anyway

Is it possible to move a brick house to a different spot on the same (flat) block?

Glenn

Hi Glenn

Yes you can.

Hardest part will be finding a house relocator who will do permanent material
houses.

cheers
ani

make sure you post us when your ready to do this, wow, most developers move bv & t's with an excavator ... piece by piece in no particular order.

my gut feeling is hugely expensive, and if its small and inexpensive, why would you bother when you could replace it cheaper and easier?

i'm speaking from a metro perspective, if your regional it may be different (but probably more expensive)

look forward to your reply and other posts

Hi Smile

Fair point.....thanks

Double brick house
Limestone block foundation with suspended timber floor
Tin roof

The reason I ask this is that by retaining the existing character house, the remainder of the block can possibly obtain a density bonus, or the existing house could be divided down the middle to create 2 street front character semis for substantially less than the cost of building 2 new homes.

Glenn

Back