Mt Gravatt, QLD

What's up with a prices there, when i was searching for a house a year ago there were plenty of houses under 300k mark. Now you'd be lucky to find anything below 350k mark.:eek:

Personally...I think anything under $400k is a good deal there. Soon there won't be much under $450k...that area is brilliant.

If compared to the Nthside...Chermside is further away but median is $450k, both have Westfield. Mt Gravatt is much better, close to Pacofc Hwy and Logan Rd and Gateway and Ipswich rd.

Yeah kinda makes me regret not buying there, i was viewing couple of places but then decided to go for a house in Wakerley
But then again, i don't know the value of my house now, maybe there is nothing to regret :D

Hey Kevin.

Was that a Go Gecko stall I saw at the property/franchise expo over the weekend

oh yeah, and go Mt Gravatt. It will only get more expensive guys/girls as the local area is targetted as a micro satelite with govt trying to get people out of the city.

According to the REIQ the median property price in Mt Gravvatt increased by 28% in the last quarter to $478,750

Having bought a heap of properties there for clients, our records show that a similar house would have cost $390,000 in the middle of last year and around $325,000 a year before that - mid 2006

With that sort of capital growth - who needs cashflow;)

Last edited:
Last december a 3 bed post war with parking sold for around 279k in mount gravatt east (next door to the one i own.). Bell partners also sold a few 3 bedders in mount gravatt east and upper mount gravatt in sept-dec 06 for under 300k.

The market has gone ballistic since jan 07 ...and these same properties would now be worth around $385k -400k.

It's not just Mt Gravatt but all the surrounding areas that has gone up. I like Mt Gravatt for the location but the houses there are old and small compared to neighbouring areas.

Our Kuraby house which we built last year for $290k was valued at $340k as around Dec 06 on completion. Now it's closer to $450k.

All the houses in Runcorn near Warrigal rd, 3br, 2 bath, dbl grg were selling for around $330k 6 mths ago, now min $420k. This area is so desirable that houses sell within 48 hrs.

The only place that is still a bargain is Woodridge....yes it's rough and a dump but the location is really good. It's like 5 mins from Mt Gravatt! and I reckon in another 12 mths time, that suburb's median will be up to $350k.

I love this area. It's so convenient with the express buses, and it's close to loads of shopping centres i.e Carindale, Garden City, Loganholme, lots of good schools and plenty of good and cheap eats.

Back