my account has been locked...

Morning all, I've had to sign up under a new user name as I can't do anything from my old account other than read the forum.

I logged in this morning and had a PM from a 'moderator' that I had never heard of, had never made any posts on the forum and their account had only been opened last month. The PM basically stated that my email address is wrong because an email was sent to me and then bounced back so my settings were changed and there was a link in the message. I clicked on it and it prompted me for an email address and password.

I didn't write anything in and went to browse the forums. Now I can't reply to anything, access that original PM or send a PM. whenever I try to do something it tells me I don't have access.

I pretty much just want to know if the PM was legit or not. If it is I'll change my e-mail address and password and hopefully all will be good again. But if not???

Morning all, I've had to sign up under a new user name as I can't do anything from my old account other than read the forum.

I logged in this morning and had a PM from a 'moderator' that I had never heard of, had never made any posts on the forum and their account had only been opened last month. The PM basically stated that my email address is wrong because an email was sent to me and then bounced back so my settings were changed and there was a link in the message. I clicked on it and it prompted me for an email address and password.

I didn't write anything in and went to browse the forums. Now I can't reply to anything, access that original PM or send a PM. whenever I try to do something it tells me I don't have access.

I pretty much just want to know if the PM was legit or not. If it is I'll change my e-mail address and password and hopefully all will be good again. But if not???

The user jobalba is my assistant - she works for me. The PM was legit.

Your account is currently limited because we are waiting for you to confirm that your email address is valid. This is the only way we can stop a flood of bounced emails coming back to us from the forum.

Please email [email protected] if you have any further questions.

Congratulations, you're now officially a Stonecutter.

Stonecutter?

The user jobalba is my assistant - she works for me. The PM was legit.

Your account is currently limited because we are waiting for you to confirm that your email address is valid. This is the only way we can stop a flood of bounced emails coming back to us from the forum.

Please email [email protected] if you have any further questions.

Thanks Sim, I will update everything now then.

Back