My friend of good intentions

In 14 yrs time, I want to look back and say that it was an amazing journey and I look forward to many more years to come.

That's the spirit mate! The advice I gave was for myself as well. Need to remind myself from time to time to keep focused on the positives.

All the best for you and the family. :)

Got one of those big time. Only reason she forced her other half to retain their townhouse when they bought a new PPOR was due to hubby and I having two investment properties (therefor she must have two properties). She's tried to discourage me from starting my business constantly. And was majorly stressed that I got married before her (due to her being 6months older than me, and being with her partner 6months longer than me).
Keeping up with the joneses to the Nth degree.

I love talking to her every so often - it's a great reminder of what I don't want my life to become! :p :)

I just always make sure if I'm going to have a chat to her, that I have one scheduled with an investor friend soon afterwards!

I just always make sure if I'm going to have a chat to her, that I have one scheduled with an investor friend soon afterwards!

Hi Mooze
strategy! I can see that you have a good psychology strategy as well as the physical stamina to see it through. I hope your PPOR is finishing? :)

Hi Francesco
No PPOR for us - just the two IP's at the moment. We'll keep renting for a while, but buying IP's in general, but also specifically in areas we want to live (if the numbers stack up of course!). Just gotta figure out where we want to live! :)

With the strategy, it's all about making sure I've got a lift up and something positive happening after something fairly negative - it ensures even if I start to drift into her mindset I'll get pulled out of it pretty quickly!

Do it your way

Hi Daniel,

Agree to disagree on that score with you friend. Keep your aspirations of $ucce$$ to yourself and only share with like-mindeds who will celebrate you like most here in this community. ;)

Never let the good opinion of others become your reality.........others will always create your world too small.

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved” – William J. Bryan.

Go and achieve what ever you desire and believe you deserve :)

Hi all,

I always thought the taboo subjects were religion, politics and sex.

bye

no, it's always been religion, politics and money... no-one cares or thinks about sex as taboo in this day and age (unless it's peadophilia or bestiality).
Get with the times pops :)

To the OP, maybe your mate was just trying to give you a reality check or avoid damage to his ego. if you have goals and more wealth than him perhaps it's a jealousy thing. I wouldn't take it personally and now you know he's someone not to discuss wealth creation topics with. But don't forget you are mates with him for reasons other than things based on money so don't let it ruin your friendship.

Hi, Shuggy

I think my friend was simply concerned about my welfare, or he thought I should not be better than him since he went to a private school while I went public. Who knows.

We are all good now, and he has expressly informed me that he does not want to discuss about taboo topics, especially money. He would rather enjoy our friendship as it is, built on the foundations of boozes, cigars and mindless banter.

As for me, I have moved on with my first tenant having just moved in over the weekend and my IP increasing in value. :)

Regards
Daniel

My father used to say this. I found it very confusing as a child and teenager, because I figured (even then) that wealth creation was something that anyone could do, but that your income and existing situation would impact the scale.

The I met my girlfriend's father (who became my Father in Law), who said to me "of course you can generate wealth, here's how it's done..."

seems you and i have a lot in common.

Back