My mistakes!!!

$23,000 on overseas properties and holidays per year! what the ... ?!! :eek: that is nearly half your disposable income in one hit.

for starters, that would be two areas i'd be looking at cutting back on - or preferably cutting out altogether until you are in a better financial position.

i know it is nice to "pop" home and see the rele's once a year and so that they can see the kiddies etc - but india is not in the same league as new zealand! seriously, cut the holidays out for 12 months - and perhaps trips to india only once every 2 years.

and why is a property in india costing you $13,000/pa? i did see something earlier about property for parents to live in, so is that the property costing you so much? if not, then why are you investing so much non-tax-deductable disposable income over there? can you use your buffer (i see you said you have an 8mth buffer in cash) to pay down that debt so that the cost is not so high.

some major personal questions need to be asked ... and, if money is tight, last thing i'd be doing is adding an extension unless it is purely for increased value (return of at least $3 for every $1 spent) in preparation of a immediate sale.

Back