My situation - thoughts before contacting broker/planner?

Hey Dave,

No offence taken just I intended no offence hah.

In no way am I trying to belittle that amount as it is still a lot better than the average australian.

I completely understand that a number of Australians with this salary would be very happy.

Indeed I feel very content with my salary and I enjoy my work and only working 40 hours a week. I just wanted to point out that my profession of town planner is not as prestigious and high paying as some other degree qualified professions.

But when I see a few of my dentist friends that are 25 and are on 150-200k I am trying to explore my options to try and catch up to them (however unlikely hah!) so I can bring my boat to the broad water party and not just go on theirs haha.

My main reason for pointing it out is that it seems to build any substantial portfolio say 10+ blue chip properties you really need a high income to continue the serviceability and afford to take a few loses and use the tax benefits that are available.

dont ever apologise for wanting more than 70k, nothing wrong with it imo. of course it is always good to have a bit of perspective but it doesnt mean you have to accept earning a modest wage

70k is good for a graduate. It's pretty crap if you are trying to get rich...let's not play games here.

But I see books all the time about how a housewife on $30k pa bought $10 million in property in 5 years without a single cent outlayed!!?!?!?!

$70k is above the average Australian income. Dispite these, ordinary people acheive extordinary results all the time. A couple earning $140k between them can amass reasonable wealth given time and dedication. A $200k salary makes it easier, but I see plenty of people with high incomes struggling.

$70k is above the average Australian income. Dispite these, ordinary people acheive extordinary results all the time. A couple earning $140k between them can amass reasonable wealth given time and dedication. A $200k salary makes it easier, but I see plenty of people with high incomes struggling.

In my experience, I can offer this.

Someone on 200 or 400 k a year will actully find it much harder to get :free" at the same level they are now, than someone on 100 k

ta

rolf

I just wanted to point out that my profession of town planner is not as prestigious and high paying as some other degree qualified professions.
Seriously... Town planner isn't any less than other jobs. To me, a job is simply a steady income producer. In my view, none of the high paying jobs are prestigious.
I think a genuine and good town planner is vital to the society. You may not get immediate results but the actions of yours will have a long term effect!

But when I see a few of my dentist friends that are 25 and are on 150-200k
Are you kidding? I would take the town planner job anytime instead of being a dentist!
They need to look at unhealthy mouths every single day! I heard on a movie that dentist have the highest suicide rate compared to any other profession!

Back