My son -where to buy for his uni

The green bridge has opened up all the areas on the other side of the river as easily accessible to UQ - I would investigate the bus routes in this direction, to Annerley and thereabouts.

By all means help, but I would suggest he not be tied down with commitments. Furthermore, with the upfront payment of university fees attracting a significant discount (25% from memory when I went through), is this perhaps more helpful?
The previous government reduced this to 10% and there are moves to cancel it completely.

There are currently two Bills before Parliament that may remove the 10 per cent upfront payment discount and the five per cent voluntary repayment bonus. If either Bill is passed, the discount and the bonus may be removed. The earliest this may happen is 1 January 2015, depending on the passage of the Higher Education Support Amendment (Savings and Other Measures) Bill 2013.

http://studyassist.gov.au/sites/studyassist/news/pages/removal_discountupfront

I don't know why people are so reticent to utilise HECS/HELP, which is essentially a very low interest loan. I know I racked up a pretty hefty debt while studying an undergrad degree and masters. However, I had no capacity to pay up front at either stage and it was use HECS/PELS or not study for me. I was suprised at how fast that debt reduced and once I got a decent job it was fully paid down in a couple of years.

There are not many opportunites to take advantage of a very low interest loan.

Annerley

The green bridge has opened up all the areas on the other side of the river as easily accessible to UQ - I would investigate the bus routes in this direction, to Annerley and thereabouts.

Tks Bran

I am quite keen on Annerley as it is within my price range...and i quite like the south side ....

I like Tarragindi too .....

My son is quite keen to cycle , so this green bridge might be a doer....

Taringa too looks good but i think rents/purchase price seem to be higher...

Back