FHO - Sydney where to buy?

local government area. blacktown LGA is just the area of blacktown council, etc. do checkout the crime maps also - http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/bocsar/ll_bocsar.nsf/pages/bocsar_lga_crimemaps but of course, remember the areas of higher density living will have higher density crime, just need to work out if the crime incidents are higher than usual given the density (can cross-ref with google maps, e.g. see if the area is mainly houses, vs townhouses etc.

also, if you can, try and see if u can get a recent maps of housing commision areas from the council. not sure on what conditions they would give it out (e.g. maybe have to tell them you're doing uni project on role of assisted housing or something). id be interested if you can get a recent and/or high resolution one, i just havent got off my bum to ask them.

i wouldnt necessarily wait if the time suits you, just dont be one of the frantic buyers that believe RE spin that prices are going up (they say that when its booming, they say that when its going down) or any other rubbish, and pay more than the place is worth.

interest rates look flat for a while, so buying in 1 or 3 months may not see a big difference. waiting for the right time is moreso an investor thing, if you're going to live in this place for 10 years then in the scheme of things, getting the right place is more important than an 20K here or there.

most important, drive around the area heaps. day time, night time, esp fri/sat nights (with windows down) and just see what the impression is.

go have a drive around kings langely or eastern seven hills (north of the abbot rd/johnson ave junction) and use that as some form of benchmark/comparison also

Wow Pete thank-you very very much for all your help! I am still a uni student so i'll definately see if i can use that to my advantage and try and get a map from the council.

Back