My Subdivision Diary

I am going to ask my solicitor to contact the Council to enter Section 173 agreement.

I have reading the Subdivision Planning Permit but I am unclear. Can someone explain what I have to do to get the separate titles?

1) I understand that I have to to complete the drainage requirements of Town Planning Permit. So, I have to hire a plumber to complete the drainage (stormwater) then get the Certificate of Compliance from the Melbourne Water Authority. Is that correct?

2) The Subdivision Planning Permit requires "enter into agreements with the relevant authorities for the provision of water supplier, drainage, sewerage, electricity, gas and telecommunication services". Do I really have to connect these utilities if I enter the Section 173 agreements? If not, which utilities do I have to connect and sign agreements?

3) Do I have to pay for Council contribution and authority contributions before getting the separate titles?

4) When will the Council certifies Subdivision Plan drawing?

Sorry if I ask a stupid question but can you be patient to guide me. I am confused when reading the Subdivision Planning Permit.

Hi Evisional,
My understanding, just from the council planning side (not having undertaken a subdivision) is that the section 173 agreement just relates to the construction of the house. How the certification process works is that Council sends out letters to the various utilities, who then respond with permission or otherwise to certify the plan and then to issue the statement of compliance. Any permit conditions will need to be met (unless there is an option of a S173 or bond) and engineering requirements as well as they also give permission for the certification and statement of compliance. If there are any bonds or contributions on the permit than, yes they will need to be paid.

So, for your question about when will it be certified, the answer is when everyone says OK. So what you need to do is find out who is missing from the list to give OK for certification and/or statement of compliance and then contact those ones to find out what they want.

I hope that this helps

Good luck with it,

23/8/2011:

Here is note.

Called to Monash Council and talked to Jenny.

Still waiting for reply from the following Authorities:

- Melbourne Water
- United Energy
- Yarra River Water

For S173:

- Have to pay $707 for the Council to prepare the Section 173 Agreements.
- Have to advise the Monash Council in writing for enter into section 173 via email
[email protected]
ATT: The Case Officer: Jeanny Lui - direct line 95183494

Garage Builder

I have to build a garage and change some structure for existing house as required by the town planning permit.

Can someone refer a garage builder to me?

Do you have any idea to keep cost low?

Hi there, thanks for the thread, I am going through a very similar process in Mt. Waverley. Marcus

Last edited by a moderator:
Received a letter from Melbourne Water, requiring contribution payment of $1258.

My surveyor will follow up to get certificate of compliances from:

- United Energy
- Yarra River Water

- Paid Melbourne Water for drainage contributions: $1258.
- My surveyor prepared the applications for conditions to United Engery and Yarra River Water
- Contact to case officer and get reply:

1) I have to pay Council for drainage contributions $3324

2) Council’s Drainage Engineers will advise you the requirements for drainage conditions in due course.

3) Need to satisfy the requirements of all the referral authorities before a Statement of Compliance will be issued.

Now I decided to sell the vacant land at the rear to get some cash. If anyone is interested, please contact my agent Damian Toad: 04 1440 7078 .

1) Talked to Karyn from Yarra Valley Water. She advised that I have to:-

- Pay for contribution: $1198.30
- Pay for advice fee: $600.50
- Contact Easy Access in Burwood to connect Water tap for rear unit.

After the above are done, Yarra Valley Water will consent to the Monash Council to issue the Statement of Compliance.

2) Made payment of $2,500 to United Energy to install electricity pitt

- Signed agreements with Yarra Valley Water (YVW) and returned to them (last week)
- Paid for YVW contribution: $1198.30 (yesterday)
- Paid for YVW advice fee: $600.50 (yesterday)

Today, I called to YVW's Easy Acess agents to book a plumber to connect water tap for new unit.

According to the guide on Yarra Valley Water website, I have to complete the Easy Acess application form and go to the one of agents listed in the application form to book. I called agents in Bayswater, Mitcham, and Mont Albert. Both agents in Bayswater and Mitcham required me to go to their shops for booking. However, I booked water tap connection via the agent in Mont Albert over the phone. I aslo made payment to the agent over the phone using credit card, too. It is convenient.

I paid $1175 for a short connection. As advised by plumber, if the connection is done from the main pipe located in the the same side road of the property, we have to pay for short connection (cost $1175). The long connection is from other side of the road and costs $1502.

Agents charge the same prices for water connection. According to the guide in the application form, I have to provide the agent with approval number for water connection. Approval number is the number from the agreement/letter from YVW. However, the agent in Mont Albert can check the approval number electrically from thier system. Therefore, I do not have to provide the approval number to him.

Hi hope everything has been smooth

Just got a question how far the front set back is the 4bed house originally on the block? its a hard trying to find a big enough block with the house not sitting in the middle :eek:

Summary of my plan:

Stage 2: May 2011 - Nov 2011 Started

- Subdivide the land prior building the rear unit
- Connect electricity, water, gas, sewage, stormwater etc.
- Bond $5000 each house
- Sign 173 Agreement- legal fees Approx $ 1800- 2500
- Landscaping & fence
- Renovate the existing
- Garage for existing house to be built
- Charges (Council fee $556, Titles Office $675) Can vary in future- approx
- Obtain Statement of Compliance for the existing house (unit 1)

Can I ask approximately how much you paid to connect all the utilities to your subdivided block? We about to commence this process (Knox Council) and we're not 100% sure how much it'll cost.

Did you end up bonding the works with the Council or liaising with the utility companies yourself?

Thanks

Hi Orion

I have paid so far as follows and that's all.

United Energy:
- Electricity Pitt installation cost: $2500

Yarra Valley Water:

- Pay for drainage contribution: $1198.30
- Pay for advice fee: $600.50
- Water tap connection with Tradelink Mont Albert: $1,175.00

Melbourne Water Contribution: $1,258

Monash Council Engineering Department:
Drainage Contribution: $3,224
Drainage Bond: $4,000
Drainage Building permit: $230

Landscape bond: $10,000

Total contributions and connections: $24,185

Attachments

• subdivision payments.gif
    subdivision payments.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 233
3/11/2011

Solicitor called and confirmed that she received the mortgagee endorsed Section 173 Agreement from ANZ Bank. She would forward the Sect 173 to the Council with the cheque payable to the Title Office.

Called to Jeanny in Monash Council, outstanding works are:

1)She requested me email the payment receipts for Drainage Contribition+Bond+Drainage Building Permit.

2) Land surveyor post the Form 23+final plan to the Council

3) Yarra Valley Consent to Issue the Certificate of Compliance.

4) She will email the invoice for Landscape bonds and I will post the cheques of $10,000 to her.

4/11/2011

1) Surveyor confirm will go to my house to peg the site and prepare Form 13 (Form 23 old name) by next week as well as submit the final plan.

2) Called to YVW, they confirm all compliance and will contact surveyor to get the final plan before issue the consent to the Monash Council.

Back