my two whinges for the day

1. the media and their economists they interview should shut up about interest rates movements. After RBA's Tuesday's decision, they are now saying it will increase in Nov. FFS, when are you going to stop?????? economists who comment on interest rates movement should be fine if their prediction is wrong!!! perhaps making correct interest rates movement should in their KPIs!!!

2. have the mining tax!!!!! solution to inflation and the two-speed economy is the resource mining tax! especially when this inflation is mostly cause by the mining industry. tax received goes to govt and hopefully filter to the people.

:mad:

1) No way Kero, the benefit of the press talking about rate cuts is that we get the slow down in spending without the increase in interest rates. That's a good thing for me, keeps inflation in check without stinging me with higher interest rates because we, as property investors, pay more interest than the average person. Keep up the good work press of talking up the rates.

2) Love the two speep economy too. Nothing like seeing my Sydney mates squirm. :D:D

Gools

1. the media and their economists they interview should shut up about interest rates movements. After RBA's Tuesday's decision, they are now saying it will increase in Nov. FFS, when are you going to stop?????? economists who comment on interest rates movement should be fine if their prediction is wrong!!! perhaps making correct interest rates movement should in their KPIs!!!

2. have the mining tax!!!!! solution to inflation and the two-speed economy is the resource mining tax! especially when this inflation is mostly cause by the mining industry. tax received goes to govt and hopefully filter to the people.

:mad:

LOL no tax received by the government ever filters down to the people - do agree economists and various other financial fortune tellers should all bugger off though....it's like a tennis match boom bust boom bust both at once etc etc.

Also not a fan of the mining tax - it penalises a portion of businesses things should be level no matter what same with income tax IMO flat 20% over a 20k tax free threshhold and a 20% GST would get rid of all the BS IMO but then I live in WA (mining state) and pay to much damn tax so I'm biased :)

BTW WA gets 74 cents for every $1 in GST the Federal government gets from WA - I call shenanigans! ;)

"Keep up the good work press of talking up the rates. "

How does talking up interest rates help us? I like stability. And i wish the spokespersons for big 4 banks would go away too. I was expecting the banks to raise rates last week just because they had prophesised it so it "had" to happen.

There are two types of economists:

- those who cannot forecast interest rates, and
- those who do not know that they cannot forecast interest rates.:)

Seriously though, the banks are champing at the bit to add another rate rise on top of a RBA rate rise, so not surprising that their economists are all rooting for a rate rise

"hope" is not a taxation policy.

why have the foot on the brake taxing mining whilst having it on the accelerator building useless school builidngs out near the black stump?

Squirm? You're kidding right. You guys just don't realise how great it is to live in Sydney.

As the old saying goes "if you're not in Sydney, your just camping out"

2) Love the two speep economy too. Nothing like seeing my Sydney mates squirm. :D:D

Gools

Hey Evan,

I'd rather camp out mate. I can't stand Sydney. If a massive crack opened up around Sydney and it floated away, I wouldn't miss it for a second.

Signed,
One Happy Camper

Hey Evan,

I'd rather camp out mate. I can't stand Sydney. If a massive crack opened up around Sydney and it floated away, I wouldn't miss it for a second.

Signed,
One Happy Camper

hahaha! i think the only people that would miss it would be the Victorian Tourism Commission - they could have all the sporting events they wanted then.

sport and coffee - the great australian economy.

there'd also be nowhere for aliens to land/destroy or land to be slated should there be a large natural disaster. well, according to HOLLYWOOD there wouldn't be.

there'd also be no cop shows. the only police force australia has is in Sydney and Melbourne, i believe.

I detect a touch of an inferiority complex happening here. Its cool, we're used to it. :D

btw: I didn't make the saying up. Its an old one.

what about that sargeant that lost his police station? wasn't he in rural nsw somewhere? a cop show without a cop shop, I always thought that was funny

Back