Nab

Hi,

We are trying out NAB and it is not a great experience so far... Does anyone know any good personal bankers in ACT/NSW? Probably not a broker deal as we are employees.... But open to ideas ...

Cheers

Hi,

We are trying out NAB and it is not a great experience so far... Does anyone know any good personal bankers in ACT/NSW? Probably not a broker deal as we are employees.... But open to ideas ...

Cheers

not unusual :)

can help with a great person on the Gold Coast

ta
rolf

Hi,

Cheers

Why is it not a broker deal? Did you mean because you are an employee or employer? I don't think you can say for sure either is better (depends on the person you end up with AND your circumstances) unless of course if you are already tied up in knots with your existing business bank.

Marty a broker can write a NAB employee deal, but they won't be paid for it unless they charge a fee to the borrower.

I think the main benefit of the employee deal with NAB is a 0.05% discount which can usually be negotiated anyway. The real discount is they usually don't have to pay the LMI premium up to 90%.

Unfortunately my experience dealing with NAB direct are not happy ones. :mad:

Unfortunately my experience dealing with NAB direct are not happy ones. :mad:

Agreed, much better though when you have someone in there that thinks like you do, and actually wants to provide a great level of client service

I have been very fortunate to have same in resi and comm of late

ta

rolf

Hi Sydprop

My dealings with NAB direct in the ACT have been similar to what PT has mentioned....I do have a contact down here - who is generally pretty good. However, I get the feeling that it's the behind the scenes stuff (credit, verifications, ect) that make life a lot more difficult than it needs to be when dealing with NAB direct.

Feel free to PM/email me for my contact if you like.

Cheers

Jamie

Yes, NAB have really dropped the ball. They were hopeless with me recently, waited until 4 days before settlement to tell my my vals didn't stack up (after having my complete application in 2 months prior).

I am moving about half of my lending to WBC and ANZ.

Yes, NAB have really dropped the ball. They were hopeless with me recently, waited until 4 days before settlement to tell my my vals didn't stack up (after having my complete application in 2 months prior).

I am moving about half of my lending to WBC and ANZ.

Seems like you are breaking up with the NAB? ;)

I could be thinking of the wrong lender here, but you might find you only get the 90% LMI waiver on your PPOR (I could be thinking of ANZ or Westpac). Worth checking!

Also keep in mind that LMI is still applied to the loan, but the bank pays it on behalf of the employee. It is still assessed as if it is a normal LMI deal, you're just not paying the money.

Interestingly the 90% does apply to IP's (or so they have told me) and you can do IO. I am after the flexibility of accessing the equity (my overall gearing level is a lot lower than that).

However, they won't draw down the balance to 90% into an offset type account - it needs to be a specific evidenced purpose. I suppose this is understandable at such a high LVR.

However, they won't draw down the balance to 90% into an offset type account - it needs to be a specific evidenced purpose. I suppose this is understandable at such a high LVR.

Are you talking about their cash out policy (refinance or top-up to access equity)? It's quite common that it gets tricky with many lenders.

frying pan into fire comes to mind : )

Damn.... hmmm.... are there any lenders that are actually 'good'?

Lucky it's just one property and a simple IO variable loan in personal name. ANZ valued it at 445, NAB at 380. How's that for a variation?

I did start to go down the route of moving a HDT property to ANZ... yowers! They requested I get a Private Ruling! Sure ANZ, speak to you again in 8 months!

Damn.... hmmm.... are there any lenders that are actually 'good'?

Lucky it's just one property and a simple IO variable loan in personal name. ANZ valued it at 445, NAB at 380. How's that for a variation?

I did start to go down the route of moving a HDT property to ANZ... yowers! They requested I get a Private Ruling! Sure ANZ, speak to you again in 8 months!

what day of the week is that :)

If you think that's a good variation try this one.......... client estimate 1700 K, CBA valuation 1465, ANZ valuation 1665.............. Residex 1720

Thanks

Rolf

Back