"National Top 10 Ugly Duckling Hotspots"

Hello Forumites,

I purchased the above report this morning. Was hoping to trade this report for someone who has bought the "Top 12 New South Wales Hotspots report" from www.hotspotting.com.au.
I am hoping there is someone out there willing to trade and in return I will then attach the report to a post for anyone else who might be interested.

if it was posted by a new user with a hotmail address...

is it still wrong if you cant get caught?

post it... i dare ya.... post it.

i will chip in to post bail if they catch ya...:)

I thought we were all friends?

Ok I will swap with someone who has the "Top 12 New South Wales Hotspots report". I do not want to infringe any laws we are all friends here I was hoping to do a good thing for my friends!!

Hello Forumites,

I purchased the above report this morning. Was hoping to trade this report for someone who has bought the "Top 12 New South Wales Hotspots report" from www.hotspotting.com.au.
I am hoping there is someone out there willing to trade and in return I will then attach the report to a post for anyone else who might be interested.

But wait there's more!

Hello forumites,

I too believe it is just like borrowing a book from a friend. I have now received the "top 10 VIC hot spots report" from a very kind friend and if you are out there and have the "Top 12 New South Wales Hotspots" or the "National Top 10 High Returns Hotspots" or the "National Top 10 Sea Change Hotspots" or "National Top 12 Boom Town Hotspots" or the "Top 12 Queensland Hotspots". In return for letting me borrow any of the above reports I will let you borrow both my "10 Ugly ducklings" and thanks to my friend (I hope they won't mind) "top 10 VIC hot spots report".

thanks

Waste Of Money?

Are these reports really worth spending money on?

How reliable are they and have they been successful in the past?

Can anyone attest to their merit?

Are these reports really worth spending money on?

How reliable are they and have they been successful in the past?

Can anyone attest to their merit?

I recently purchased the top ten NSW report,

Reasons outlined for each suburb make sense but I imagine only time will tell of its credibility?

I prefer 'coldspots'

To me the term 'Ugly Duckling Hotspot' is an oxymoron.

If they were truly 'hotspots', they'd be expensive due to buyer demand and competition.

Competing with other buyers and paying a premium may be acceptable in a 'prime' suburb (where there are plenty of 'greater fools' and you'll still get good equity growth in twelve months), but it's absurd in an 'ugly duckling' area.

I like buying in 'ugly duckling' areas but only if the price is right.

By 'right price' I mean the sort of figure that agents will tell you that they don't have any stock of.

And around 20k less than the cheapest place in their window (which could be poorer quality than I'd want).

The thing I hate most is competition.

I want to be the only buyer in town or at the auction.

I want buying to be easy and vendors to be flexible.

If others will pay more than I want to, good luck to them and I'll find something else.

'Ugly duckling hotspots' are the last thing I want to know about since I don't want anything hot.

But if a report was produced on 'ugly duckling coldspots' - ie otherwise sound suburbs where sellers currently outnumber buyers and auctions often fail - then I might be interested.

However as the publication of same might mean that a coldspot is no longer, it's probably better to find one's own ugly duckling and get sound and convenient homes for little more than land value and way below replacement. (NB: it's much easier and less frustrating to identify coldspots than hotspots)

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Some food for thought there Peter.

I would differentciate between a cold spot about to become warm and an out and out cold spot though. What we are after is a location with unrealised potential. I like cheaper suburbs next door to expensive suburbs.

Cheers

MJK

Is it really worth buying these reports

Hi folks,

I am pondering over the merit for purchasing any report that tip any spots.

For reports that predict the next hotspots - as soon as the report is out, the hotspots will be swamped with investors, and whoever buys in those hotspots will be paying inflated prices created by an artificial demand.

Granted some time went into the research, but at the end of the day, the predictions are predictions, speculations are speculations, and opinions are opinions. And of course, everyone is entitled to hold their own opinions.

If we are after people's opinions to justify our reasons for purchasing in a particular location, there are cheaper ways to obtain news of hotspots - the newspaper is full of these articles. But are they also reliable ? Journalists do want their newspapers to sell!!

If I was to outlay hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy a property, I want to do my own research, talk to rental property managers (they know who the tenants are, what they are looking for, where they want to live, why they want to live there), talk to the locals, walk the streets, visit the local council, surf government infrastructure websites, look at where the baby boomers are going, follow the aroma of coffee...

Then again, it is always easier to blame some report if we get it wrong!

Cheers,
The PM

The thing I hate most is competition.

I want to be the only buyer in town or at the auction.

I want buying to be easy and vendors to be flexible.

If others will pay more than I want to, good luck to them and I'll find something else.

Peter

Ditto, ditto and then some...

Yep, thats how we play the game.

I haven't, as yet, purchased any reports on "hot or cold spots" or where to buy etc. Haven't needed to venture too far from the backyard...

sunshine

Of course its illegal. The two 'swappers' would each get a report worth $x from the company without having paid for it. This is called theft.

Possibly.

But in this case, both people would be getting the benefit of both reports but not paying for it. If I wanted a NSW and Vic report, I could buy the NSW one, get someone to buy the Vic one, and then swap them. This way I get the benefit and information of both reports, but have denied the sellers of half the money.

I'm sure we've all done dodgy things, but I'd be too worried about karma if I bought a house based off information I deliberately didnt pay for.

Report costs $100.
You get report for nothing.
Report seller gets nothing.
Equals stealing.
If you want it, pay for it.

Report costs $100.
You get report for nothing.
Report seller gets nothing.
Equals stealing.
If you want it, pay for it.

So you would never hit the rec. button on the VCR, or have copied music in your lifetime, 'cause that would be stealing as well.

Or used something like http://www.limewire.com/ which allow's file sharing as do many other thing's.

You are welcome to your opinion, I just think that reading a report that someone else has paid for is like reading a book or newspaper that someone else has paid for. If the owner of the report want's you to do it, surely it's OK. After all, they paid for it.

I don't think it is as Black and White as you make out, but it could be viewed as greyish at worst in my opinion.:)

BB

Its not that simply

So you would never hit the rec. button on the VCR, or have copied music in your lifetime, 'cause that would be stealing as well.

Or used something like http://www.limewire.com/ which allow's file sharing as do many other thing's.

You are welcome to your opinion, I just think that reading a report that someone else has paid for is like reading a book or newspaper that someone else has paid for. If the owner of the report want's you to do it, surely it's OK. After all, they paid for it.

I don't think it is as Black and White as you make out, but it could be viewed as greyish at worst in my opinion.:)

BB

It would depend on the copyright you agreed to when purchasing the report. In most cases, the only right you have is the right to view the report. You do not own the report only the right to view it. Hence, by swapping you have broken the agreement you accepted because the person you swapped with has not purchased that right.

Your agreement with them may also state that you are not to copy and distribute the report. If you have emailed, file shared or simply scanned a hard copy and sent that then you have copied and distributed the report.

Believe me, they have covered every angle. But then again, they have to catch you first. :D

Back