Navra SHARE FUND

Hi Mike,

ANSWERS COMING SOON!

Tonight Melbourne, then on to Canberra . . . so give me a few days please . . . life is a tad hectic just now :)

Regards,
Steve

Steve,

Thanks for another great night of education.

The best part of the night for me was ...on the drive

home ....talking to the friends that we took along for the night ...

that DID RSVP :)

You now have 2 more fans of the NAVRA club.

Cheers

Phil

I couldnt make it to the launch in Sydney but have downloaded the PDS and it looks pretty darn good. My financial advisor mate was very impressed, especially with the fee structure.

Couple of questions;

Is it actually up and running yet? If not, when?

Do any forumites have an opinion on the fund and how many are planning to invest in the fund?

I went to the launch in Canberra. 100 had notified, it looked like about 250 turned up. Apparently, in Sydney, 100 had to be turned away.

I do intend putting some of my self-managed super money into it.

It is up and running- I believe the first money was actually applied to the market on Friday.

I did meet someone there in Friday- a person I did not even know is a financial advisor. His advice was also to go into it with some of your money. He suggested that, although the performance based charges are very rare, they are not unique- there has been public pressure for other funds to go this way.

(However, he would really like to have seen a bit more real data- even perhaps results from the beta testing)

Brains,

On the night Steve said that the fund was already seeded with $1M and it should have been trading this week.

Fund results aren't up on the Navra Invest site yet (www.navrainvest.com.au), but I expect that if you give Steve & co. a call he'll have some available fund performance figures already :)

There's also a special entry deal for Steve's clients until July 1 you may wish to talk to them about.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

More questions!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for a great launch last Friday night (the snackies were yummy!).

I've got a few questions about NavraInvest -

If I place my investment via NavraInvest into the Navra retail share fund with monthly automatic deductions, will NavraInvest charge a commission on my funds? ie up to 4.4% on my min $200 monthly automatic savings amount.

Also, is there a 100% fee rebate option for sophisiticated investors who know they want to invest in your share fund and don't need any advice (because they know exactly where their portfolios stand ;) ) ie - I want to invest in the Navra share fund and here is my cheque (no effort required my any NavraInvest advisor).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Re: More questions!

Originally posted by littlemaze
Hi Steve,

Thanks for a great launch last Friday night (the snackies were yummy!).

I've got a few questions about NavraInvest -

If I place my investment via NavraInvest into the Navra retail share fund with monthly automatic deductions, will NavraInvest charge a commission on my funds? ie up to 4.4% on my min $200 monthly automatic savings amount.

Also, is there a 100% fee rebate option for sophisiticated investors who know they want to invest in your share fund and don't need any advice (because they know exactly where their portfolios stand ;) ) ie - I want to invest in the Navra share fund and here is my cheque (no effort required my any NavraInvest advisor).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Steve answered those questions on the night of the lauch.

(1) after the initial investment subsequent contributions will not be charged entry fee
(2) The fee is negotiable but there will be no 100% rebate

Sophisticated or well-bred ?

Hi littlemaze.

Be careful with the term "sophisticated investor" it has a specific meaning within the investing rules. You may see the statement "Does the investor meet the legal requirements as a sophisticated investor".

and .. if you really are a sophisticated investor .. I bow to you ;-)

Cheers,
1putt

Reactions: ani
Hi 1Putt,

It was good to meet you at the launch.

Actually, Littlemaze was very careful NOT to describe herself as a "sophisticated investor"- probably exactly for the reason you suggested.

The difference was subtle- but the term was actually
sophisiticated investors
:D

Hey 1Putt,

I am such a sophisticated investor that I didn't even know that the term sophisticated investor has a specific meaning in investing rule!!!!!

So, no bowing necessary! ;)

Now, where is that darn spellchecker thingy on this forum......

What entity or trust structure to hold Navra shares in?

Onto a bit of a different topic, what are the pros and cons of the different entities and trusts for holding Navra shares in? There is a lot on this forum about trusts as they relate to IPs, but what about for managed funds? What have people investing in Steve's fund set up to hold their shares in?

Thanks in advance!
Mandy

Homer J Simpson said:
(1) after the initial investment subsequent contributions will not be charged entry fee

Are you sure about this? Page 9 of the Navra Fund PDS says "your financial advisor may receive an entry fee of up to 4.0% (4.4% including GST) on placing your initial and any subsequent applications into the Fund".

Is 4.4% the fixed rate or is it possible to negotiate a lower entry fee?

I believe you can negotiate it with your advisor ... or alternatively use a discount shop like Neville Ward Direct, who reimburse you the entire entry fee as additional units (effectively meaning you pay zero entry fee).

mandy said:
Onto a bit of a different topic, what are the pros and cons of the different entities and trusts for holding Navra shares in? There is a lot on this forum about trusts as they relate to IPs, but what about for managed funds? What have people investing in Steve's fund set up to hold their shares in?

I use a standard discretionary trust - profits from the Navra fund are used to offset losses from my real estate investments.

Back