Near New Houses, Brisbane under 350k? Springfield Lakes?

I'm looking at all options for near new houses, under say 7 years of age..like ones that don't really need any work done. And under 350k. 3brm+

So far I have found within 30km of CBD:

Springfield
Springfield Lakes
Forest Lake
North Lakes
Murrumba Downs
Bundamba (maybe getting a little close to Ipswich though, some suburbs aren't that "homely"?)

Obviously most of these are on the 'outskirts' because you won't find a near new property inner brisbane at these prices. Can anyone think of any other suburbs I have missed, that aren't too far out and have decent quality housing for cheap prices?

What is everyone's opinion of the Springfield Lakes area? I know prices won't do much for quite some time given the over supply of land out there and competition from new houses, but I get quite a nice vibe off the area..very community/family oriented and well thought out. I know it has a few issues, no rail yet, still a lot to be built..hospital, bus network, infrastructure, its got about 5 schools now and its getting there though. Would be keen to hear anyone's info or opinion on that location :)

Under 30k you can include the Logan region, plenty of suburbs in here that would present options based on your criteria.

Another idea is the Redcliffe Peninsula and further west heading towards North Lakes (Rothwell, Kippa-Ring, Deception Bay), <30k from the CBD and there are newer brick houses around the 350k level.

We purchased a property in Springfield Lakes a few years ago near the university and new lake. Growth has been OK for the area but nothing extraordinary. If you have those suburbs set in your decision than I would choose Forest Lake since its more establish and surrounded by schools, shops and is closer to the city (25 minutes drive).

You will find that prices with Springfield Lakes and Forest lake are very similar.

Back