Nearly 150,000 posts

Do I win a prize if I'm the magic 150,000 poster? :D You know like the millionth shopper at Walmart or something...

(66 to go)

Cheers,
Michael.

geoffw said:
Hmmm... so you're playing too, Sim'?

Once we reach the target, I guess this thread will be pulled anyway, bringing the postcount back down again.

Hey, I invented the game :p

If I pull the thread once we reach 150,000 - then we can celebrate all over again when we hit it again for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... times :eek:

I just had a thought.

Sim, seeing as you'll know which the 150,000th post will be, maybe you could paste it in this thread, just for us pedantic, analytical types (what other type would ask such a thing?). :p

Cheers :rolleyes:

Ahh yes, but how to you actually define the 150,000th post ?

Is it the post with the post identifier of 150,000 (which was actually posted several months ago) ?

Is it the post that causes the post counter to increment to 150,000 ?

What happens if we have to delete a thread ?

You'll find that certain truths we cling to (such as the post one considers to be the 150,000th), depend greatly on our own points of view

:p

Hmmm, another thought.

Sim, in your position of power (being administrator etc), are you able have the 150,000 post ready and just press 'submit' when you see the 149,999th posthas been posted?

You must know which the 150,000 will be as you've been counting down for a few days. :p

Sim said:
Ahh yes, but how to you actually define the 150,000th post ?

Is it the post with the post identifier of 150,000 (which was actually posted several months ago) ?

Is it the post that causes the post counter to increment to 150,000 ?

What happens if we have to delete a thread ?

You'll find that certain truths we cling to (such as the post one considers to be the 150,000th), depend greatly on our own points of view

:p

Thats some heavy duty thinking for a pad thread on number of posts Sim! =)

Simon,

Get back to work or Big Blue might just start looking at your neck of the woods!!! ;)

Only kidding, and I guess this post makes it 9 huh...

Ciao,
Michael.

:D

And the stupid thing is that on that stirling note I think I also just escalated myself in to the top 100...

Its a messed up world... :D :D

Signing off from this thread,
Michael.

Sorry Michael - I hadn't recalculated and adjusted the thresholds for a while - you're a fair way behind still. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll make it in no time.

Sim said:
Funnily enough, they just announced some of the upcoming features in vBulletin v3.5, which should enter beta testing next month. There are some incredibly cool new features there which I think a lot of people will be very happy with (think: searching that works).

Perhaps a new theme? To give Somersoft it's own unique feel? :rolleyes:

Back