Need help renting out property !

Basically my agency is refusing to do home opens, as they believe it compromises their staff's safety. The property is in Yokine not the bronx.

They scheduled a home open but said if no one registers they will cancel it. They also persuaded me to manage the property myself. Rudest most unproffesional agency I have dealt with!

I strongly suggest you seek the management services of more professional PM... How did come by that PM - were they already the PM when you purchased it?

That's shocking!

How did you find them? Look for someone that will manage the property, and do what needs to be done to lease the property.

FWIW I feel safer doing an OFI than a private, more people around. If they're concerned about safety (which is a good thing to be mindful of at all times) there's mobile apps that can be used, or even just adjusting the area they stand at opens and how they unlock/lockup.

Open for Inspections would also help to drive competition amongst potential tenants, so should work well if the area has a low vacancy rate.

I really would seriously consider changing the carpet. As a tenant I would be embarrassed if people visited.

The vinyl floor could also do with an update.

Tenants really appreciate it when their landlords look after them. I was talking to my neighbour and he was complaining about his current landlord ( who was also my previous landlord that both myself and friends had had issues with ). A good landlord will try to keep your tenants happy so it is worthwhile shopping around.

Also consider allowing pets such as a cat - if feasible - and okay with the body corporate. Might be reasonable justification for then keeping the old carpet.

Last edited:
I have moved to momentum.. and what a difference! Basically the only way people could see the home was to copy and paste a link, then select the house, then click viewing and that was how you could register..who has time for that!

Back