Need some help getting an auction result

Hi,

I'm trying to find the auction result for a house in Coveney St Bexley North. Could someone help? House number is sixty two. It went to auction sometime in the last 3 weeks.

Thanks!

I could, but I'd never be sure I'd be getting a truthful answer.

Why would an agent lie about what a property has sold for? :confused:

Anyway, Gerry said the property passed in at $1.1mil and it is still on the market. The vendor's have realigned with a private treaty price of $995,000.

They'll probably still want higher than a mil but if you're interested make a strong offer with a 60 day settlement and no conditions.

Last edited:
Why would an agent lie about what a property has sold for? :confused:

• You're a potential customer and they want to show that they achieve high prices.
  • Their self esteem.
  • You're a buyer and they want you to pay more for something similar.

They would not lie to a BA as they know you will check up on them as soon as you are near a computer.

I'd say around 20% of agents lie when I ask them what something sold for and I subsequently check up. Usually a lie by being vague, like "high 4's" when it sold for 460k.

I don't know how it works in other states but in Vic our auction results are published for the public. If a property passes in on a vendor bid it'll say what it passed in for.

I don't know how it works in other states but in Vic our auction results are published for the public. If a property passes in on a vendor bid it'll say what it passed in for.

We have that in NSW, but it seems real estate agents pick and choose what to publish on there. The house I was interested in was not on there, which was why I asked here.

Back