Need to fill in an inground pool in Brisbane.

I have a family member in Brisbane (Strathpine) who currently has an inground pool.

It is in bad shape and no longer required, looking at a quick fix to have someone come in and break up the bottom of the pool for drainage and then fill with soil. It will be converted into a garden bed with the top of the pool being used as a border around the garden. The soil will not need to be compacted as it will not be being built on. It is located at the front of the property right beside the driveway so access should be fairly good for any equipment (except for the pool fence to work around or through).

Does anyone have any contacts or Company names and numbers of who may be able to carry out the work required?

Thanks in advance.

Fourex.

Jackhammer the base to make a few holes. Hiire an electric one.

Call up a local pool installation company and let them know you have a place close by for them to empty the clean fill from the next pool they dig out nearby.

Also try local excavator or bob cat operators who may like a place to dump fill nearby.

Hi,

Contact the council and just ask if a permit is required I have a feeling there is as for fees your guess is as good as mine.

As for getting the work done ask a pool company in the area if they are interested in punching a few holes in the bottom etc for free dumping of suitable fill from a pool site. Just remember if they are bring soil from out of region just make sure its from a fire ant free zone. Council should have the contact info for this one and I believe it is free.

Brian

Back