Nerang - Gold Coast, QLD

I've been looking online at some units/townhouses in Nerang, and many seem to have pretty high rental returns of 6.5%+ gross. I worked there for a while when I lived in Burleigh Waters and the area didn't seem too bad - not great (high amount of light industrial stuff), but not awful. I'd happily purchase an IP there. I recall looking back in 2009, and don't remember the yields being as high as this. Perhaps capital values are due for an increase? I've also heard from a few investors they are considering the Gold Coast for the first time in a while.

Im local

we are an eclectic bunch: )

from rusty HQ holdens VB parked in the visitors spot and Winnie Reds to Bentleys on Riverside Acreage, a nice bottle of Grange and a Cuban Ceegar

The "in town" complexes are mostly ok, but do your night work.

ta

rolf

I would not touch a unit or townhouse in Nerang...probably not even a house I live in the next suburb over Highland Park. Bought here as yes it is cheap but I doubt there will be much capital growth anytime soon. To many cheap townhouses and units on the Gold coast to choose from. Nerang does not have a good reputation with locals and there are some really dodgy parts so if you do decide to go ahead do your research. As Rolf said though there are some lovely acreage properties out the back though.

Back