Ipswich QLD LGA

Hi guys

Looking at Bris and areas around it and came across Ipswich area.
Can still find houses in flood free land for say late 100's to early 200's
I know it went down esp after the flood, but what do you guys think in terms of cap growth and rent yield in the next say 5-10 years?

Looking at the QLD govt population projection, it says Ipswich to have fastest growth but Gold Coast to have most growth In the decade to 2021, Ipswich (C) is projected to grow rapidly at a very high 5.0 per cent per annum (a total of 111,000 people), while Gold Coast (C) is projected to have the largest amount of growth (133,800 people) of any local government area (LGA) in Queensland.

http://www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/documents/business/qld-govt-pop-proj-lga-2011-edn.pdf

Also, is it easy to find a tenant there?

Thanks all

Terry Ryder has it as a hotspot. Great mayor in Paul Pisale. Tenants that stay put. Rapid population growth forecast. Think Parramatta v Sydney in a few years time. Voted Queensland's happiest city I believe. Don't believe what the snobs tell you. Avoid flood areas and quiz the property managers about certain streets and suburbs and you will do well.

It has a history of big increases and big drops. I know people that have done well and people who are in some serious negative equity. If there is a chance you may need to get at out of the investment at a particular time I would consider it more risky than other areas. If you never intend to sell then that may not be a concern.

Don't quote me on this one but I was recently told by a successful investor (who knows the area extremely well) that there is over 100 years worth of land in Ipswich......this may keep CG mediocre if its the case.

Still money to be made if you buy right, and the low entry point definitely a positive

Alex

Hi guys

Looking at Bris and areas around it and came across Ipswich area.
Can still find houses in flood free land for say late 100's to early 200's
I know it went down esp after the flood, but what do you guys think in terms of cap growth and rent yield in the next say 5-10 years?

Looking at the QLD govt population projection, it says Ipswich to have fastest growth but Gold Coast to have most growth In the decade to 2021, Ipswich (C) is projected to grow rapidly at a very high 5.0 per cent per annum (a total of 111,000 people), while Gold Coast (C) is projected to have the largest amount of growth (133,800 people) of any local government area (LGA) in Queensland.

http://www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/documents/business/qld-govt-pop-proj-lga-2011-edn.pdf

Also, is it easy to find a tenant there?

Thanks all
Hi Channon, I've just started look at the Augustine Heights area in Ipswich and curious to know if you ended up investing there. I'm a first time investor and am so overwhelmed by it all...where to buy?? :)

Heinz - agree with you.

Jules and welcome to SS !
I've invested in Bundamba over the last year, lower entry point than Aug Heights and not done too badly really. The yields are above 7% and there will be a flow on effect from Logan, I'm sure.

Channon - care to share what Ipswich suburbs you're considering ?

The suburbs in the older areas of Ipswich (4304 and 4305) are quite different from the newer areas to the east where most of the new estates and population growth is occurring (Redbank Plains to Springfield). I would think the best buying opportunities are in the older parts on the northern side of the Cunningham Highway.

The yields are high in Redbank Plains, but I would stay away from it due to the high supply planned in the suburb, and fundamental issues with overhead high voltage lines (from Swanbank), lack of amenities and poor transport access in many parts of the suburb.

Thanks Norwoodman, as someone not on the ground, what suburbs would fall into this northern side please ?

Quite a few, it's pretty much anything in postcodes 4304 and 4305 as I mentioned earlier: Ipswich City, East Ipswich, Brassall, Booval, Silkstone, Raceview, Bundamba, Newtown just to name a few.

Hi Guys, I am new to property investing. I am looking at investing in a 4 bedroom house - either in Ipswich or Toowoomba ($400k max). what is your opinion about Goodna and redbank plains. Is the lower socio-economic profile of these areas likely to hold back its growth. the good thing is it is well served by rail n road infrastructure.

Hi Desi and welcome !

Is this your home or an investment ? As the previous poster has suggested, do search for postcode 4303, 4304, 4305 - you will find some nice 4 bed + 2 bath for well under $400k. Personally, I would prefer Goodna over RBP.

Check these out

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-north+booval-116093435

This lovely Queenslander would well afford some dual occupancy options but please do your due diligence

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-north+ipswich-116000143

In Goodna, you need to do your due diligence in relation to flooding as large areas of the suburb went under water in 2011 as did parts of Brassall, Redbank, Riverview, Bundamba and East Ipswich.

Thanks Cherry Pro and Norwoodman for the advise.

Another question I have is.....for investment is it better to buy a brand new house or a newish (4 /5 year old) house. I understand with old house one would lose the depreciation advantage but at the same time there is a likelyhood of buying at a cheaper price in case of 4/5 year old house (as compared to a brand new house).

Personally, I would not buy new. We bought brand new twice in Sydney, made a good gain on the house in a short span, the unit did nothing for a decade. An older house (4 - 5 years is also relatively young) would be my preference.

Hi Guys, I am new to property investing. I am looking at investing in a 4 bedroom house - either in Ipswich or Toowoomba ($400k max). what is your opinion about Goodna and redbank plains. Is the lower socio-economic profile of these areas likely to hold back its growth. the good thing is it is well served by rail n road infrastructure.

For 400k I certainly wouldn't be buying in Ipswich and although I rate and invest in Toowoomba I wouldn't be paying that much there either.

Closer into Brissie centre would be by far superior for faster cg but this is just my opinion

Was wondering if someone could give me their opinion on say outer central ipswich vs in between suburb such as bundamba vs redbank plains

I know that each area has its good and bad,

obviously central ipswich will be the most expensive,
but im trying to get a feel for say bundamba vs redbank plains,

rebdnak plains seems to be a small city in its own, while bundama is a nothing suburb on the outskirts surrdouned by land and right next to the freeway,

how would you compare identical houses in say Bundamba vs redbank, in terms of price, rent, cg

thanks eveyrone

Holy Moly

Under 250k do you think? Lotta work.

I like the nice older suburbs like Denmark Hill, East Ipswich, parts of Booval, Silkstone

Back