Neutral bay - Public transport

Hi all
I have been reading some good comments on Neutral Bay but would like to get some feedback from people who live there or know what the public transport is like during peak.

Buses:
Is there a problem with bus being full and driving straight pass?
Unreliable?
Ferry:
What is the reliability like? Any issue with overcrowding and resulting in having to wait for the next ferry?

Train from North Sydney. Does anyone take this option?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Buses:
Is there a problem with bus being full and driving straight pass?
Unreliable?

I lived in Neutray Bay before, excellent surburb and wish i have money to buy there!

anyway bus there are very reliable, if its full the next one will come 5 minutes later.. The bus during peak hour usually are those double carriage bus.

I had no problem during my 2 years there and work in the city taking buses everyday

I don't think you could find a better place to live on the north side in terms of convenience than Neutral Bay, except off course where I am now... :) But seriously transport is no problem. You've got all the Cremorne and Mosman buses that come every 2 mins. If you need to go to Central, walk up to Young St and you have even more options with the northern beaches and Manly buses. Its then < 10min ride into town. 5min these days during school holidays and WYD.

One problem I found was that it can get messy on the wends and on Sat nights, rather dangerous after 2am to be wandering the streets after the Oaks is shut. Being one of the first suburbs off the bridge, you do get riff raff out of towners causing trouble... :(

Back