New 2 lot Subdivide (Melb country)

Hi all, just letting you know that I am doing a subdivide (like a dual occ) in Creswick. I have a detailed blog on the project (www.mytowncottage.blogspot.com), but I'll post the basic pics/info on this thread too. I love reading others who make the effort and post about their build/work, so I thought it worthwhile to post about mine too here.

So far...

1. Bought house/land (130yr old house) in Creswick, about 1000sqm.
2. Have now lodged subdivision plans at council.
3. Have a couple of challenges to deal with (eg. drainage!)
4. Will restump the old home, renovate, landscape and sell prior to building the new one.

I'm waiting on the restumping guys to start work, they tell me within 2wks! And they tell me it takes 3wks, hope so, want to get the old home fixed up and sold.

If you were wondering why I didn't demolish and build new units etc on the block; basically to keep costs down, and because the old home has a heritage overlay on it, there is no way it could have been demolished (legally!!!) In fact I need permission to touch it, including paint colours (which I've already lodged)

I'll try to post some pics here, it's been a while since I posted pics into a thread, so here goes photobucket...

IMGP3643.jpg

This is the house, from the street. The tin fence is all land of the old home. Large!

subdivisionPLAN.jpg

SUBDIVISION plans by land surveyor

IMG_0043.jpg

MY SKETCH UP of the house I propose to build on the newly subdivided block providing all goes well. My builder is a custom builder (great builders who built our home here, we couldn't fault them!!) so basically they say "draw it, we will build it"

Obviously I'm hoping council (conditional) council permit will come sooner than later, and restumping will go without a hitch, the neighbour will allow me to put pipes down his side fence and - HEY PRESTO, it's on the market!

Ha, gotta hope right!

(fail to plan, plan to fail...)

A

Back