New Motorbike

I really couldn't see two dogs riding a motor bike. Sorry.

biker+dog+3.jpg

I'll also add a plug for the Street Triple -- super comfy, you're not leaning over at weird angles so easy to ride.

Did you know that the Street Triple is basically a naked Daytona 675 (2006-)? My ST even has 'Daytona' on the engine plate.

Great pic, btw.
Yes, I had heard that. But the 650 is the 4 cylinder one, versus 675 being a triple.
Damn! Thinking about bikes is making me itch to get out of Sydney on a trip!

I've got a few bikes. Dirtbikes though, riding on sealed roads doesn't really do it for me. This is my big one, a KTM 990 R.

Not far from Tibooburra.

Me and three mates are doing the west to east coast of Australia, from Steep Point WA, to Byron Bay in May, via the gunbarrel and Simpson desert.

Also got a 450 and 250. My three girls also have bikes.

See ya's.

I've got a few bikes. Dirtbikes though, riding on sealed roads doesn't really do it for me. This is my big one, a KTM 990 R.

Not far from Tibooburra.

Me and three mates are doing the west to east coast of Australia, from Steep Point WA, to Byron Bay in May, via the gunbarrel and Simpson desert.

Also got a 450 and 250. My three girls also have bikes.

See ya's.

Nice bike TC! How do you find it? Seems to be one of the lightest big bore off roaders around and in the soft stuff I find weight is everything!

Which way are you going? Great Central Highway and the Simmo? :)

Sold mine at the end of last week. :(

1488091_10154903995055368_2920305955068865679_n_jpg_oh_2ead3e33a97d548f2ba81465659e1d85_oe_55090359_gda_1426215378_b82c7b36a6e13441789cf089072c0ab7.jpg

It was a BMW R1200R, essentially the RT without all the plastics on it. It was comfortable over long distances, the panniers could hold an awful lot, and was reasonably quick too. Fuel economy was good, I did something like 420 km on under 20 litres last week.

Still, it does mean I've got an excuse to buy a new one... :D

Nice bike TC! How do you find it? Seems to be one of the lightest big bore off roaders around and in the soft stuff I find weight is everything!

Which way are you going? Great Central Highway and the Simmo? :)

I love it. But KTM don't make them anymore. they've gone to a much more powerful but softer in my opinion 1190. The 1190 is more of a road going bike, and I'd much prefer the lighter and more dirt oriented 990.

This shows where we are going, it's nearly dirt all the way, with a stop at Finke for the desert race.

http://rally.australianpropertycentre.net.au/wp-content/uploads/ADV-X-Pre-Event-Guide-2015.pdf

It's an organised rally. But we have to be fully self supported. Camping out most of the time with stuff carted on our bikes. There will be a truck coming up the rear, but it's only to pick up broken bikes and riders and cart em to the next town.

Will be tough, but looking forward to it. Done a heap of mods to my bike, for reliability and extra fuel tanks. Trying to get a bit fit and lose some weight.

See ya's.

Back