New Redcliffe Bridge

Hi all

The new Redcliffe bridge officially started last week. For those of you who live or visit the area you will notice on the south side of the existing bridge on the bay side there are about 15 linked concrete barriers. These barriers were put there as a security measure for the surveyors who are about to begin the prep work.

Still years away but at least it’s a start.

Still waiting for the railway to start though. Ha Ha. Having said that I heard a whisper recently that It may be back on the drawing board very soon. Not going to hold my breath.

Hi mate,

Where is the new bridge running from/to? I have an IP in Redcliffe but don't know where the bridge is going?
I heard a rumour that the new bridge is going directly over your I/P :eek: ;) :D .

All good news for Redcliffe.

Would be great if the rail line ever does get the go-ahead, same as the bridge in the Redland Shire (from mainland to Russell Island).

Regards
Marty

The bridge will be on the bay side of the current one.

And yes I believe the rail will go in. The population growth from kippa-ring through to the highway is huge and the local and state govt. are starting to get more serious about transport systems in and around Brisbane. My guess is within the next 10 years.

The Redcliffe railway is an urban myth. It has been talked about for the past 60-70 years and so far that is all it is - talk.

The latest story is that there may be a rail spur from Petrie to Kippa-Ring, which is on the western fringe of the Redcliffe peninsula just north of the Clontarf swamps - called them that when we were kids, it's now an environmental area.

Don't hold your breath.
Marg

From the June 07 API.

There's some talk of a railway line to Redcliffe and if that ever happens, it would have a major impact on property prices. You might find in five to ten years, with the railway line at least on the drawing board and if you've got long enough pockets, a $400,000 home on 800m2 could be worth 10 million as a development site

Michael Matusik.

I got pretty excited when I read that as I have something similar <200m from a train station, and was dreaming about what I would do with the 10 mill. Probably buy a small house in Brisbane for what the money's worth at that point though ;)

Oh, I always love the train line discussions...will it, won't it, if it will, when, where, why, how...it never ends...all I can say is that if people are "talking about it" it is at least 20yrs away...:)

There is no provision for a train line on the new bridge, it is NOT going to happen. On the existing and new bridge it is impossible.

Wait until they build the next new bridge in 20 years...
then maybe....

As far as I know the only discussion on location for a rail to Redcliffe has been from Petrie to Kippa-Ring and the land for that is in place. If you buy a zoning map from RCC its clearly outlined.

that's what i has always been told - during former employment in the state govt i came across some serious talk about it prior to an election - it was all go, but after the election it got stuck to the bottom of the pile (thanks peter...ummm what was his name?? peter...peter...nope its gone :p)

if you look at aerial shots from petrie to redcliffe there are some fairly obvious places it could go.

I still don't think its going to happen anytime soon though - might start buying in deadcliffe just in case though!!:D

I think the reasoning behind a Petrie-Kipp aring train is that it would service the growing Northlakes area.

Hopefully they can fix up the pityful Brisbane-Petrie-Caboolture service first, its a joke. But i'm just glad I don't live on the Shorncliffeline, that gets cancelled a few times a day.

Back