Redcliffe Peninsula, Kippa-Ring etc.

What are people's opinions on this area or what can any investors (who have either made money or have invested) discuss about this area?

From my research so far, obviously the big driver of potential growth in the near to medium term will be the new train station. The lifestyle aspect is that it is close to beaches and family friendly. So that's a big+

And I have heard a few whispers here and there that it could be a good area to invest in.

Townhouse values (and yields) are reasonable - but might have to negatively gear (and unit data is kinda all over the place). There are comparables, but having said that, how are townhouses compared if there aren't many comparables say in the same complex (is it just simply comparing other "similar sized" /look feel townhouses... I guess it's a kinda silly question, and I answered it myself, but I need that confirmation).

I was trying to understand how to read zoning maps, but I'm not sure what to kind of "gather" from these. If zonings are to be changed, will I have to ask council regarding that? There doesn't seem to be much land left in the area, and thus this seems to point in the direction of a shortage of supply, on a beach side suburb. A big driver imo.

Can anyone maybe give a view on what's going on on the ground first hand? Are there a lot of unit developments or so coming up?

Also where is the income going to come from to push these prices up :/

Last edited:
What are people's opinions on this area or what can any investors (who have either made money or have invested) discuss about this area?

From my research so far, obviously the big driver of potential growth in the near to medium term will be the new train station. The lifestyle aspect is that it is close to beaches and family friendly. So that's a big+

And I have heard a few whispers here and there that it could be a good area to invest in.

Townhouse values (and yields) are reasonable - but might have to negatively gear (and unit data is kinda all over the place). There are comparables, but having said that, how are townhouses compared if there aren't many comparables say in the same complex (is it just simply comparing other "similar sized" /look feel townhouses... I guess it's a kinda silly question, and I answered it myself, but I need that confirmation).

I was trying to understand how to read zoning maps, but I'm not sure what to kind of "gather" from these. If zonings are to be changed, will I have to ask council regarding that? There doesn't seem to be much land left in the area, and thus this seems to point in the direction of a shortage of supply, on a beach side suburb. A big driver imo.

Can anyone maybe give a view on what's going on on the ground first hand? Are there a lot of unit developments or so coming up?

Also where is the income going to come from to push these prices up :/

There are a few suburbs within the redcliffe peninsula; woody point as you approach the area from the city, then margate, redcliffe and scarborough. these are the beachside areas, then you have kippa ring and rothwell which are not beachside but will have the train stations here. if you do look at the peninsula look in areas east of oxley ave.

Okay great, is there anything I'm not considering about the area? Are the beaches good or very small? Any dark secrets that could prevent growth :O

Back