New Stockland development in Banjup, Perth

The last few releases have been around the 25th - 26th from doing a quick search of my email. So assume this week or the following.

Hi all,

I got selected to buy a block at Calleya Estate-Jandakot but the block is bush fire rated. Can anyone tell me additional cost for this.

The block is a 375 sqm priced at 293k. Can you tell me how much should I bear for construction full. Will 210k be sufficient ?

Kindly suggest me

Thanks

Not sure but here is some info
The requirements of AS 3959 are intended to improve the performance of buildings when subjected to bushfire attack. The standard applies to residential buildings and non-habitable buildings structures such as private garages, carports, sheds and decks associated with the main residential building, and considers such elements as:
? External doors, windows and screens
? Walls
? Roofs
? Flooring
? Eaves, gutters and downpipes
any associated structures such as garages, carports, decks or verandas that are attached or adjacent to your house will need to comply with the requirements of the BCA

Hi all,

I got selected to buy a block at Calleya Estate-Jandakot but the block is bush fire rated. Can anyone tell me additional cost for this.

The block is a 375 sqm priced at 293k. Can you tell me how much should I bear for construction full. Will 210k be sufficient ?

Kindly suggest me

Thanks

Hi alishine,

I'm also building in Calleya on a 375sqm block. I have budgeted $15k for BAL costs, however thats erring quite on the side of caution. Realistically i expect it to be around the $10k mark.

Construction costs will vary depending on the quality, size and finish level of the home. Also is that $210k inc site works and BAL costs? If so your looking realistically at a house worth around the $180k range - less if you want to add upgrades/changes.

At present i have budgeted $14k for site works and $15k for BAL. Also note that you will need to upgrade to 6.38mm glazing on all livable areas. If the block you select has BAL expect this to cost around $2.5k - $3.5k depending on the size of the house. If the block isn't subject to a BAL rating then it could be up to $10k.

Not sure what release your in, however the first releases are due to settle mid July now, so within a month or two you should be able to get feed back on realistic BAL costs and sitework costs.

New to property, looking for a first time house and part investment property to get my foot on the ladder. Just wondering general consensus about the estate, for those who got the most recent release email, it's due for registration this upcoming weekend 10th aug?

Are the lots in a good location? Also can anyone explain any restrictions re: the land? Obviously never having owned a property this bushfire/"BAL" thing mentioned by the preceding posters has me stumped. So you need to comply with greater regulations due to proximity of bush fire? That will raise the house price? Does this apply to certain lots or all of the Calleya estate?

Also anything in general one should know about (assuming you've never built or owned a house before). Things crucial that you have to do or will set you back by going into Calleya - sorry I don't know much and just want to get educated. But the proximity to Cockburn sounded too good to be true - don't want to launch in with a 300k purchase without knowing a single thing though!

The registration system also opens at 8pm on Sunday, is it first come first serve? or during the 1 hr of window you have a random choice of being picked for a sales appointment the following weekend? anyone know from prior experience or querying?

Back