New to IP are there any IP Seminars worth going to?

Hi,

I am new to IP and was wondering if anyone has been to a good Investment Property Seminar in Brisbane:confused:. I am hoping to purchase and hold properties.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

Julie

Go to all free property seminars (if you're not easily talked into buying stuff, otherwise stay the hell away). They are about half good information and half a sales pitch for a comprehensive training program for thousands of dollars.

Have you read a lot of books already? That's a better starting point than seminars in my opinion.

Second that. Lots of resources available.

This forum and a couple others are a great start. A few blogs from various experts. Books and magazines. The property investment shows on Sky Business channel on Saturday mornings and I have also subscribed to a couple of podcasts which has been really interesting.

Then as already mentioned lots of free seminars that you can take things away from, but be prepared for the sales spiel that come with it.

Lots of good to be gained from free (and also paid) seminars.

U will get lots of conflicting opinions here on whether you should pay for education/assistance.

For mine - if you are able to advance your investing "career" through paying for some advice/assistance - I think it is money well spent.

Back