New Years Eve (2009 or 10)

One of the things on my "to do before I die" list is to see the fireworks in Sydney on NY eve.

Now I do not want to stand in the crush at Circular Quay that I see on TV. So I was thinking of a hotel room overlooking the action.
Can you Sydney-siders please give me the heads up on the best hotel (balcony) to book for NY eve 2009 or 2010. I know it is going to be expensive but I reckon it will be worth it for the experience.

Thanks
Sue

what's your budget? get the grand deluxe room in Shangri-La, you can also view it from the top floor of their Blue Horizon Bar.

It's also one of the things on my to do list. I saw the closing ceremony of the Olympics and that was amazing.

For $150 per person you can book a national park island like Shark or Clark Isalnd. Inlcudes transport and you bring your own food and grog and only limited tickets are sold so you are not squashed. We did it a few years backa nd that is the best NYE. Literally under the Fireworks.

Peter

Peter

How do I get the info and book for NYE? Please advise - thanks.
I have 25- 30 relatives who wanted to see the firework in Sydney for the 1st time.

Cheers
Jas

For $150 per person you can book a national park island like Shark or Clark Isalnd. Inlcudes transport and you bring your own food and grog and only limited tickets are sold so you are not squashed. We did it a few years backa nd that is the best NYE. Literally under the Fireworks.

Peter

Rather than a hotel room with a view what about being on a boat on the harbour. Many years ago, we were aboard a yacht right under the fireworks, Seafood, champagne and brilliant view, one of my most memorable NYE's.

Sunshine

Back