Newcastle PM Recommendations

Hi all,

Does anyone have any PM recommendations in Newcastle?

Have two properties in Cardiff and Gateshead finishing their renovations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
MXia

Leah Jay is REALLY expensive (I think it was something like 12%) and when I went into their office at Warners Bay to talk to them about the 11 properties I was looking to have managed, the Receptionist let me know there are no discounts available, no matter how many properties a client has, and she had this weird sense of exclusivity and superiority that seemed to extend to everyone, even landlords. I left my number and asked for an agent to call me back, and nobody ever did. Another thing that I guess makes good business sense but that I found off-putting was a big sign saying WE DO NOT DO PHOTO-COPYING FOR RENTAL APPLICATION SO PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ASKING, or something similar. As a property owner, I'd prefer potential tenants to be greeted with a friendlier environment. Just found the atmosphere really snooty and unappealing. Went with Engage Property at Belmont instead. They're small, polite and super eager to please....no problems so far.

Nice feedback Travelling.

I am slightly hesitant on Leah Jay only because one of the properties I purchased was originally managed by them and the condition of the property was disgraceful.

Can I ask how much Engage charge?

We have IPs in Warners Bay and Gateshead and we use LJ Hooker Charlestown.

Have been with them a few years and have found them to be fantastic. Karen who looks after rentals is lovely and gets the job done.

Alan Fox aka propertunity on this form is a BA up that way - you could flick him a PM for some recommendations. I'm sure he'd know of a few.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi all,

Does anyone have any PM recommendations in Newcastle?

Have two properties in Cardiff and Gateshead finishing their renovations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
MXia

Century 21 Stals and Kirk Valentine, been using them since 1997, you won't have any problems with them.

Leah Jay is REALLY expensive (I think it was something like 12%) and when I went into their office at Warners Bay to talk to them about the 11 properties I was looking to have managed, the Receptionist let me know there are no discounts available, no matter how many properties a client has, and she had this weird sense of exclusivity and superiority that seemed to extend to everyone, even landlords. I left my number and asked for an agent to call me back, and nobody ever did. Another thing that I guess makes good business sense but that I found off-putting was a big sign saying WE DO NOT DO PHOTO-COPYING FOR RENTAL APPLICATION SO PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ASKING, or something similar. As a property owner, I'd prefer potential tenants to be greeted with a friendlier environment. Just found the atmosphere really snooty and unappealing. Went with Engage Property at Belmont instead. They're small, polite and super eager to please....no problems so far.

We use Leah Jay @ 7.7% and that fee was negotiable. Their brochure has a big spiel about negotiating fees but the lower you negotiate the lower the level of service you will receive. Not sure what the receptionist was on about.

Back