Next IP in Sydney or Brisbane?

I'm going for Brisbane. Because I think they are catdeals up with Sydney.

Wow.. Looks like a good one..
How many townhouse in the complex? High body corporate?

--

25 THs. As mentioned BC equates to $35 a week.

My point being that great relatively risk free opportunities are available in Brisbane without fear of buying into a bubble or at the top of the cycle.

Similar to the which Brisbane suburbs thread, I am following this thread with interest as I am considering investing in Brisbane.

I just read the following article on apartments reaching an oversupply in inner city Brisbane. I found the article via Pete Wargent's blog, which I generally find has good information. What do people think of this?

http://matusikmissive.com.au/2014/08/19/7585/

Similar to the which Brisbane suburbs thread, I am following this thread with interest as I am considering investing in Brisbane.

I just read the following article on apartments reaching an oversupply in inner city Brisbane. I found the article via Pete Wargent's blog, which I generally find has good information. What do people think of this?

Would agree with Michael Matusik. He normally makes a lot of sense.

Great read there.

Earlier in the year i was looking at buying a inner city unit in Brisbane but decided not to due to the high vacancy rates. And when ever i go on to realestate.com.au to have a look at units in Brisbane it seem like there is a lot of developments being advertised.

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/...not-double-in-value-in-the-past-10-years.html

Brisbane has underperformed in the last ten Years compared with Sydney .

Sydney is 20 % above its previous peak . Brisbane is below its precious peak .

Do you want to buy somewhere that has already has a reasonable percentage of growth in this cycle , or somewhere that hasn't .

Cliff

I want to buy somewhere that will boom after I've purchased, also I'd like my shares to go up in value shortly "after" I've purchased them, but back down again when I'm ready to purchase more and up again thereafter.....Please

Sounds like a solid investment strategy redwing, why didn't i think of that!

I do think brissy has alot of potential upside in it. I think at some point the gap between bris / syd prices has to close up a touch, hopefully thats by brissy booming rather than a correction!

I can't decide between 1 smaller block house closer to CBD (eg: Fairfield, Holland Park etc.), or 2 larger blocks further out (Woodridge, Logan etc.). Me think closer to CBD will get better quality tenants, but lower CF. Not sure which has better CG. Got any opinions?

what's your budget?

why not one in the middle rung suburbs (15kms from the CBD) and an older style unit in the inner suburbs (5-7kms from the CBD)

if I had $750K or so that's what i'd do to spread my risk

Brisbane seems to have an oversupply of developments lately. I'd almost bet we'll see more growth in Syd next 18 months, despite already very elevated prices. Also, one of the biggest drivers, Asian immigrants, still opt Syd over Bris.

brisbane within 12km to CBD and HOUSES.

Brisbane.

Almost anywhere you buy in Sydney now the prices are inflated due to the recent strong uptrend. Discounting is almost non-existent .

Brisbane hasn't seen much growth over the last decade and the floods certainly didn't help. Most indicators are pointing to it being on the rise (slow and steady) and as the herd hear more of this and increasing positive media reports on Brisbane etc the money will start pouring in. Same story every time. On a personal note: GO HOLLAND PARK WEST!!! WOO HOO!! :p

Agree with this article here, and note the type of apartments that he is talking about:

"But importantly, the nature of the current supply ? a lot of it being downtown apartments & most of that in mid-to-high rise apartments ? isn?t catering for the demand. When we break down the demand by market segment, we see a great demand for new product catering for downsizers & retirees in Brisbane. High-rise apartments, especially in large & I dare say, somewhat soul-less complexes, have very little appeal to many aged over 60 years."

These types never make good investments at the best of time anyway. Stick to the boring and ugly older brick units in small complexes and you'll be fine.

Agree With Starter. But if you can afford it, go for a house within 10km from the CBD with decent land size if possible. If it could be developed down the track even better (but I know its asking for much haha) Brisbane is a house market in my opinion. Yes I know there are different demographics but overall I think its a house market for best long term CG.

Leo

Back