Nice Suburbs in Sydney around $700k

Not what the thread is about.

Ah yes my apologies for getting off track a little... that tends to happen here on SS from time to time :)

Cliff
Totally agree with your observations about West Pymble- guess I shouldn't lump it in with the Hornsby set seeing as it's really north shore :D
Ditto South Turramurra. Lots of older homes crying out for renovations, leafy settings, quiet streets etc. Still have to drive to the station, however, and you still don't get much in the $700K's range. Not when I last looked anyway. Nice part of the world, though.

Revisiting some previous posts. It's interesting to see what 700k could buy in 2009 (lots of places, some even in north shore), and what 700k can buy now. Guess no one expected such a big boom lately.

I know... Mid 2008 when nobody was buying we bought our house on a regular block of land in beautiful and peaceful North Epping for less than 700k! Now it's roughly worth about 1.1mill and there's no sign of the area becoming any less popular. :D

Yep....till you get rising unemployment and interest rates at 7%....then the party crashes.....too many people getting carried away...this cannot be sustained.

Got a call from a large builder who is building a few H&L near Leppington (near Campbelltown). They way $750k for a 34dq house on 450sqm!

I know... Mid 2008 when nobody was buying we bought our house on a regular block of land in beautiful and peaceful North Epping for less than 700k! Now it's roughly worth about 1.1mill and there's no sign of the area becoming any less popular. :D

Got a call from a large builder who is building a few H&L near Leppington (near Campbelltown). They way $750k for a 34dq house on 450sqm!

You've got to start worrying about 750 for a house that far out on that 450 .

Sort of thing I'd expect to not travel well when the next slump comes .

Cliff

You've got to start worrying about 750 for a house that far out on that 450 .

Sort of thing I'd expect to not travel well when the next slump comes .

Cliff

It?s funny the south west to the city is about a 30 minute drive to the city I just did it last night. People worry about the south western prices hitting 700k but prices in northern beaches that are further out than 30 minutes hitting constantly over 1million is not of concern?

Working for a utility company and seeing the entire ageing infrastructure and the constant outages occurring in those older more expensive areas I think south west and other new areas have a much brighter side then most people think

Working for a utility company and seeing the entire ageing infrastructure and the constant outages occurring in those older more expensive areas I think south west and other new areas have a much brighter side then most people think

I suppose you had a light bulb moment :D

I'd second Witzl's recommendation of the Hills (in particular those suburbs in close proximity to CBD and Parra transport routes inc Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, Cherrybrook, West Pennant Hills, Winston Hills, Northmead, North Rocks and parts of Kellyville) and also some of the northern suburbs in the Hornsby region.

Hi Jacque and others,

Fast forward to 2014, things have changed so much! I was stupid being on the fringes all this while! I am a perspective first home buyer and looking into buy in the areas that you mentioned. My budget it 700K(stretch!), and I am looking for a house in these areas! (even a small one will do). My primary requirements are:
- Good public primary and secondary school in catchment area.
- Safe neighbourhood
- Although its PPOR, I might need to sell 3-4 years down the line if I move out of country, so a bit of capital gain in property so that I do not incur loss.

I am an amateur really so would appreciate your expert views!

Thanks
Alec

Hi Jacque and others,

Fast forward to 2014, things have changed so much! I was stupid being on the fringes all this while! I am a perspective first home buyer and looking into buy in the areas that you mentioned. My budget it 700K(stretch!), and I am looking for a house in these areas! (even a small one will do). My primary requirements are:
- Safe neighbourhood
- Although its PPOR, I might need to sell 3-4 years down the line if I move out of country, so a bit of capital gain in property so that I do not incur loss.

Thanks
Alec

Hi Alec,

Property should usually be a long term purchase, so if you're seriously considering leaving the country in a few years, buying a property to live in might not be the best option.

Stamp duty of $27k
Interest approx. $28k per year
Selling costs approx. $15k

Total outlay in 3 years: $126,000 not including council rates, etc.

Renting for $600/wk would cost $93,600 over the same period.

Maybe consider buying a cheaper investment property instead, that you can afford to keep if you go overseas.

Regards,

Stamp duty of $27k
Interest approx. $28k per year
Selling costs approx. $15k

Total outlay in 3 years: $126,000 not including council rates, etc.

Renting for $600/wk would cost $93,600 over the same period.

Maybe consider buying a cheaper investment property instead, that you can afford to keep if you go overseas.
Thanks so much Chris, really made me think much more clearly. The chances of me leaving in 3-4 years are not high though. It's just a possibility (may be very less likely) which I thought of. I am still interested in a PPOR around my original specs please, if you have some suggestions. How is Dahlia coming up in North Kellyville by Sunland group? I am thinking because I might be eligible for first home owner grant for their cheapest offering...

Hi Jacque and others,

- Safe neighbourhood

Thanks
Alec

Hi Alec

There are still opportunities in the area however largely confined to the K'Ville northside/Rouse Hill if you want to be on the Hills side of Old Windsor Rd- if keen on new look at Hezlett Rd H and L releases, Hillview etc. Just be sure you check out placement of the NW rail link and the accompanying skytrain as you may not want this too close visually to your new abode. Educate yourself on the NW rail link before you go shopping.

If I were you, however, I'd also be checking out the western side of OW Rd- Stanhope Gardens, Glenwood, The Ponds (though far less opportunity here and the Ridge as prices have moved) especially if you can live in a duplex or smaller house/block.

Best of luck with it all :D

What worries me with Stanhope Garden/ Glenwood is the Correctional Centre nearby. Would that be safe to live there? Will that affect capital growth?

Hi Alec

There are still opportunities in the area however largely confined to the K'Ville northside/Rouse Hill if you want to be on the Hills side of Old Windsor Rd- if keen on new look at Hezlett Rd H and L releases, Hillview etc. Just be sure you check out placement of the NW rail link and the accompanying skytrain as you may not want this too close visually to your new abode. Educate yourself on the NW rail link before you go shopping.

If I were you, however, I'd also be checking out the western side of OW Rd- Stanhope Gardens, Glenwood, The Ponds (though far less opportunity here and the Ridge as prices have moved) especially if you can live in a duplex or smaller house/block.

Hi Alec

There are still opportunities in the area however largely confined to the K'Ville northside/Rouse Hill if you want to be on the Hills side of Old Windsor Rd- if keen on new look at Hezlett Rd H and L releases, Hillview etc.

Thanks for your comments Jacque. Are you referring to Allam property group Hillview here? Tried to find but could not find many reviews on Allam group? How are they? Their house + land packages in Kellyville do look attractive.

The question is how much growth is left in the hills and surrounding areas. I think we'd be getting pretty close now.
Interested to know what the brains trust on here think...

" Nice Suburbs in Sydney around $700k "

Have anyone thought about the Druitt?

Ah come on. You get big blocks of land, wide streets, plenty of parks. Huge shopping centre, in breds, train line, hospital etc etc

What more could you want?

The question is how much growth is left in the hills and surrounding areas. I think we'd be getting pretty close now.
Interested to know what the brains trust on here think...

Agreed..Went to Rouse Hill today for an inspection..Newish property on 350sqm block of land..price guide around 690K..The real estate girl said, "market is buoyant nowadays,we expect the auction result will top price guide with a 100K or something"..Phew!!

" Nice Suburbs in Sydney around $700k "

Have anyone thought about the Druitt?

Ah come on. You get big blocks of land, wide streets, plenty of parks. Huge shopping centre, in breds, train line, hospital etc etc

What more could you want?

Thanks good suggestion datto..saw the prices are on lower end..how is the suburb, how safe it is? how does future look like for Mt Druitt (CG)?

Thanks good suggestion datto..saw the prices are on lower end..how is the suburb, how safe it is? how does future look like for Mt Druitt (CG)?

Yes, prices are on the lower end but as you know, land is getting scarcer and scarcer in Sydney.

Now get this, politicians are on the take and developers' have got plenty of moola. Mix the two together and what have you got? Yep, new areas of smaller blocks with brand spanking new houses. Everybody's happy!

The area will be much safer when its redeveloped.

For the future, it could becomes the "New Hills Area" (catchy name for a new suburb!)

Back