Nice Suburbs in Sydney around $700k

Hi Jacque and others,

Fast forward to 2014, things have changed so much! I was stupid being on the fringes all this while! I am a perspective first home buyer and looking into buy in the areas that you mentioned. My budget it 700K(stretch!), and I am looking for a house in these areas! (even a small one will do). !
Thanks
Alec

Alec
If you intend to move to the country my suggestion would be to rent.
Right now, you'll pay too much and sustainable capital gain is questionable.
You should also consider the large buying and selling expenses and when eventually you'll want to sell your property, the times would have changed and Sydney people will not be as keen on property as they are today.
my 2c

Last edited:
Yes, prices are on the lower end but as you know, land is getting scarcer and scarcer in Sydney.

Now get this, politicians are on the take and developers' have got plenty of moola. Mix the two together and what have you got? Yep, new areas of smaller blocks with brand spanking new houses. Everybody's happy!

The area will be much safer when its redeveloped.

For the future, it could becomes the "New Hills Area" (catchy name for a new suburb!)

Shhhhhh Datto. I want the cycle to begin again so we can buy more :D

:) just amazes me people say western sydney aka penrith is overheated but innter west north beaches etc are fine,

South western sydney, south east, everything "south" have always been underrated in this forum.

Eg.
Mt druitt (good) vs minto (bad)
Granville (good) vs liverpool (bad)
Carlingford (good) vs mascot (bad)
Penrith (good) vs campbelltown (bad)

Although, we know that cbd and airport are in the southern side.

Back