Niddrie

Pro - plenty of restaurants, shops, etc.

Con - I don't think it has a train and to catch that tram all the way to the city would take a very, very long time.

Who goes to the city anyway? Freeway is 2mins away, 15 mins drive into the city. Niddrie is a lovely quiet suburb and has had huge cg over the last few years. Plenty of opportunities left. Top class private schools 10/15 mins away. AHuge plus - there is only a quarter of the traffic to the other side of town. Great shopping, huge DFO outlet 10mins away and Highpoint & Westfield Airport West 5mins away, lovely parks at Essendon and Brimbank

Who goes to the city anyway? Freeway is 2mins away, 15 mins drive into the city. Niddrie is a lovely quiet suburb and has had huge cg over the last few years. Plenty of opportunities left. Top class private schools 10/15 mins away. AHuge plus - there is only a quarter of the traffic to the other side of town. Great shopping, huge DFO outlet 10mins away and Highpoint & Westfield Airport West 5mins away, lovely parks at Essendon and Brimbank

Agree re: Traffic.

What do you think will happen when essendon airport eventually goes residential?? It is going to happen sooner or later.

Matt

I used to think it will close down, but was engaged in extensive talks with them regarding expanding runways etc. and I dont think it will. They are using the land as much as possible, they have a huge mail sorting building on it for Aust Post, car yards, a church, Coles supermarket. They are cleaning up the hangers and building new ones, pushing out the old little put put planes I loved to watch, and there are more and more corporate jets.

Agree re: Traffic.

What do you think will happen when essendon airport eventually goes residential?? It is going to happen sooner or later.

Matt

essondon airport will not go residential anytime soon, (next 10+ years) the fox's own the airport and have just relocated head office. with such a substantial investment i dont see them selling up anytime soon.

essondon airport will not go residential anytime soon, (next 10+ years) the fox's own the airport and have just relocated head office. with such a substantial investment i dont see them selling up anytime soon.

Absolutely agree. Lindsay Fox owns both it and Avalon aiport with a JV partner and has spent $M's building DFO's on the site.

Back