Nissan - nothing to pay until 2010

Im fairly disturbed.

Nothing to pay until 2010 plus $2k free fuel.

http://www.nissan.com.au/offers/default.asp

Who goes for these deals? The car might have 60,000 km on it before you start to pay off a cent. Talk about being upside down on the loan.

They must be deeply hurting on their floorplan financing. What percentage of car dealerships are going to go bust in early 09?

some of these deals are pretty ordinary - 2010 is only a year away and 25% is a big upfront. Lexus had a 0% deal but they wanted to flog their demos at full list price to get it! need some more pain out there before some decent deals i think....

Holden are the worst depreciating cars in Australia, I can't believe people still fall for it.

Ford falcons depreciate worse than commodores don't they?

Actually, the prices I've seen lately for some second hand beemers and mercs, maybe they are the worst?

See ya's.

Korean cars are the worse depreciaters in Australia. And have been since they have sold here. Why do you think Holdens are?

Anyone who buys a Holden needs their head read. Anyone who buys a brand new Holden has to question their existence. :rolleyes:

Holden are the worst depreciating cars in Australia, I can't believe people still fall for it.

True true, I should not single Holden out. Ford + the cheap Korean cars are just as bad.

One thing that I support Japan on is their cars - easily the best built affordable cars, last the longest and retain their value well. Every car I've ever bought (Nissan, Daihatsu etc) I've chosen carefully and some have resold 2 or 3 years later for the same or more than what I paid. You won't get that with a holden ;)

Anyone who buys a Holden needs their head read. Anyone who buys a brand new Holden has to question their existence. :rolleyes:

So true! Ford and Holden are best bought after a few years when their value has hit rock bottom. Then again, why even bother? Toyota or other Japanese cars are so much better in quality build, fuel usage and bang for your buck.

If I want luxury I'll buy the Euro!

They must be deeply hurting on their floorplan financing. What percentage of car dealerships are going to go bust in early 09?

Floorplan financing is hard to find I've heard and dealers and importers are going to have to make do with fewer cars next year.

I drive a standard Mitsi van. I can buy one today for $20k, aircon, on the road. That's what I paid for the one I'm driving now 5 years ago and the one before that 8 years earlier again. I'm guessing that they can sell at that price because they were paid for when our dollar was much stronger. They won't be able to replace that car with the money they get for it with our dollar so low though.

All fleet cars drop in value fast and this includes Fords, Toyotas etc

that's why you need to make sure you pay fleet prices. they say holdens appreciate fast - against their list price I agree. tkae the $29k deal, knock 15% off that and use the westpac GM card for another $3k discount and you are driving away for about $22k. you could trade it for that a year later and you are motoring in a new car for free

Floorplan financing is hard to find I've heard and dealers and importers are going to have to make do with fewer cars next year.

I drive a standard Mitsi van. I can buy one today for $20k, aircon, on the road. That's what I paid for the one I'm driving now 5 years ago and the one before that 8 years earlier again. I'm guessing that they can sell at that price because they were paid for when our dollar was much stronger. They won't be able to replace that car with the money they get for it with our dollar so low though.

I paid $40k for a honda prelude in 1991. convert that to todays dollars and the decline in real cost would be staggering. I have sold my car and am now in the market. Have rang and emailed my mazda dealer but not much interest there (are hard times really here when a motor dealer doesn't follow up a strong buy lead?) so may see what I can beat out of the holden guys.

massive Honda fan over here * points at self* my parent bought an accord in 92 and it is still perfect, never missed a beat until last year, but even then very minor repairs. same with some family friends 93 civic.

We had a 03 Jazz that was fantastic and we just recently traded for the new Civic... I was always a corolla fan in the small car category until i had the jazz.. think i have converted :eek: My ex-mechanic brother will be most dissapointed as he is a Coralla fan...

And then there is our second car... the Jeep Wrangler... the most stupid, uneconomical and frivilous car i have ever owned... but it is so much fun and i LOVE IT!

Back