Noble Park?? Good areas?

We are looking at buying our first IP (a 2br apartment unit). I have read there are good and bad areas to Noble Park...anyone local care to share the bits to stay away from? :)

I had a couple of investors buy there recently and they mentioned that the north east of the station was the place to buy. They were looking at streets north of the station and close to the hospital....

I am interested as well to hear from investors that have IP's in this area. I keep reading about the whole Car Racing Hoons problem in this area. Is this still an on-going problem?

Hmm 'good areas' and 'Noble Park' would be a bit of an oxymoron imo...

HAHA! Gotta laugh...
I lived there about 13 years ago for 6 months and I thought (in my short time there) that north of Heatherton rd and east of the station was OK right through to Police rd. Stay away from the wesern side of the station if Hoons are a worry (although theyre everywhere) due to the Sandown Raceway being on the doorstep...

Having said all that, Aaron may have a point as I found syringes in the gutter from time to time where I lived (near Carwatha school zone)! It was years ago, hopefully it has improved a little?

As a general rule - if you are going for a unit, the closer you are to rail and shops the higher CG and rental return, however, this is not the case for ALL suburbs. Some good quality DD should reveal everything you need to know.
I suggest that you do proper on the ground DD and interview the agents and then do figures to figure out which pocket you are comfortable with and stacks up for you financially.
Sometimes going for a not so great pocket stacks up better financially if you need to balance your outgoing cash flow rather than chasing higher capital growth. Depends on your overall strategy.

Regards
Lisa

Thanks for the replies! We went out there today and got a little bit of a feel for the area. It does feel a bit run down and rough, but you can definitely see a lot of newer developments coming into the area so I'm wondering if it is on the way up (might be slow but up is up LOL). The property we are looking at is within walking distance to the station and the main street so good in regards to access, but hopefully not too close to be feral LOL

Back