Noisy air conditioner

I have recently received the keys for an IP I built, and I'm currently readying it for tenancy.

It's an el cheapo house, and I took the evaporative air contioner that came with the package - a Cool Breeze D160.

The problem is that it's very noisy:eek: , with or without the fan on. I just can't imagine anyone sleeping with it on. I guess you could use it to bring the temp down and then turn it off.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with evaporative models that would be helpful? Or are they just a cheap and nasty second choice?

There is always the possibility that it is not installed correctly, and I'll be checked this out.

Cheers

itinerantotter said:
Does anyone have any advice or experience with evaporative models that would be helpful? Or are they just a cheap and nasty second choice?
Maybe have a look at the way the unit is fixed to the roof frame the
Unit may not be set in place and tranfers the noise factor back into the house..willair.

hi

i used to install evap aicons and know the cool breeze well.

the best bet is to have it serviced in spring time and at the same time
the guys can check it out

the units are very basic and straight forward so it sounds like faulty install or
somethings out of line.

they usually come with a 5 year warranty

steve

Thanks, Willair and Taffy.

I'll get someone to look at it before I start showing tenants around. I think they'd run a mile if they heard it!

Cheers

hi,

The modern evap units are usually pretty good and are quiet.
Sounds like a faulty installation either with the fan or the pump. There are basically only two moving parts in these units, the fan and the water pump.
The fact that it is noisy even when the fan is not running indicates there may be a problem with the pump i.e. its location or fixing in the basin.

If you have just received the keys and are readying the property prior to tenanting, it sounds like its only a new installation? so it should still be under warranty. If so,I would get the builder to bring the installer back to fix it.

Back