North Perth R60 Apartment block thread

It currently does have an undercroft garage.

The million dollar question of course is - more apartments = higher construction costs but does it = more profit. Not always. Sometimes it's better to go simple.

I'll run the sums. It's early days and many ways to skin this cat.

absolutely - sanj and i have found out we can be 'too clever' for our own good like that.

Is this impacted by the Charles Street Planning Control Area/road widening? I?m sure you?ve looked into it, but this is something that often gets overlooked as it?s easy to miss unless you specifically ask Vincent the question. Just need to be aware of the implications if it is and how much land you might lose or have quarantined and the impact on the approval processes etc.

Is this impacted by the Charles Street Planning Control Area/road widening? I?m sure you?ve looked into it, but this is something that often gets overlooked as it?s easy to miss unless you specifically ask Vincent the question. Just need to be aware of the implications if it is and how much land you might lose or have quarantined and the impact on the approval processes etc.

There is an easement on the land for this which I knew and factored in when I bought it.
However I'm getting conflicting stories on it.
a. that Vincent don't want to widen it but might want to slightly to put in bike lanes - ie lose 1.5m instead of 3
b. that Vincent don't want to do anything at all and will reverse it
c. that I'll lose the full 3

It seems some places which have developed along the street have lost it and some haven't. I haven't been able to work out the reasoning but the lot setbacks look very higgledypiggledy.

The 3m might have already been acquired and utilised. On cnr Bourke/Charles we had a 3m sliver on the side but was already taken by main roads...

Send me a PM with the address and I can hopefully shed some light on it if you like

Thanks - done.

The 3m might have already been acquired and utilised. On cnr Bourke/Charles we had a 3m sliver on the side but was already taken by main roads...

I don't think it has and as my title easement suggests I am obliged to give up 3m should they ask for it and therefore have to build that in. It will be one of those cases where the easement will remain until they eventually decide what they want to do. They might not widen but add a buslane or a bike lane.

It's ok whichever way it goes. I can plan around it - ensures nice setbacks from the street to reduce noise :)

Vincent will/do/have, although from my recent dealings with them i have no confidence in them whatsoever.

the land is legally yours and they can't 'take' it until you subdivide/strata. They can't take the land or force you to do anything with the land itself (i.e. subdivide or cede the land) at DA stage so they have no basis for excluding that portion in your site area for the purpose of calculation plot ratio.

Vincent will/do/have, although from my recent dealings with them i have no confidence in them whatsoever.

the land is legally yours and they can't 'take' it until you subdivide/strata. They can't take the land or force you to do anything with the land itself (i.e. subdivide or cede the land) at DA stage so they have no basis for excluding that portion in your site area for the purpose of calculation plot ratio.

Sooooo if I never strata and hold them all and they reverse the easement I get to keep it?

Sooooo if I never strata and hold them all and they reverse the easement I get to keep it?

Potentially. If you don't subdivide/strata the only mechanism WAPC have to take the land is through a compulsory acquisition process, which is long and expensive for them. But given the amount of properties that have already given up land along Charles Street I think something will inevitably happen in terms of road widening, bike path, bus lane etc

Not sure how much bearing it has on your proposal, but your site is being rezoned from R60-R60/100 under Vincent?s new Scheme :))), however the R100 coding only applies to lots greater than 1000m2 on Charles Street :)(). HOWEVER, the new precinct policy for North Perth (currently being advertised) allows a 3 storey height limit (or more subject to vincent?s variations policy), and a plot ratio of 1.0 for areas coded R60 on Charles Street :)D)

Not sure how much bearing it has on your proposal, but your site is being rezoned from R60-R60/100 under Vincent?s new Scheme :))), however the R100 coding only applies to lots greater than 1000m2 on Charles Street :)(). HOWEVER, the new precinct policy for North Perth (currently being advertised) allows a 3 storey height limit (or more subject to vincent?s variations policy), and a plot ratio of 1.0 for areas coded R60 on Charles Street :)D)

Correct :D I'm hoping the 1.0 will go through - though I can manage at 0.7 fine if it doesn't. The 1.0 just means that I can make it bigger if I want and stop the 'over developed' attitude I'm currently copping as I might only use 0.8 and then it's easy to defend 'not over developed'

hey guys, new to the site and am a beginneer investor and looking into future development.

can i ask if the cost of construction of $600 - $700k is for Class 2 costs? from my previous experience, apartment/maisonettes of this style costs around $250k per unit for a 2 bedder....

if so who is the builder?

Many thanks

hey guys, new to the site and am a beginneer investor and looking into future development.

can i ask if the cost of construction of $600 - $700k is for Class 2 costs? from my previous experience, apartment/maisonettes of this style costs around $250k per unit for a 2 bedder....

if so who is the builder?

Many thanks

It was just a very rough approximation of $2000/sqm and needing 350sqm of construction.

It's likely I'll go over that if I get the 1.0:1 plot ratio as I'll make it bigger.

Back