North Rock in Sydney

Hi guys,

What are you all's impression on North Rock? The property pricing looks decently affordable and yet only near to good suburbs like carlingford/west pennant hills. The surrounding looks good too.

Any reason why its still rather on the cheap side or is it worth me looking in that area?

Regards,
Ryan

North Rocks

Actually it's "North Rocks" ... I grew up not far away. Not sure about it from an investment perspective but some comments:

No trains, but buses along the M2 to City/North Sydney.
Lots of trees - nice green area. Murfield golf club, sporting grounds nearby etc.
Decent sized shopping centre
A good computer market on weekends :)

Regards,

Jason

North Rocks is fine. Very leafy green treed kinda place. Nicely positioned between Carlingford and on the other side, Baulkham Hills.

Yes it does suffer from lack of a train line as does the whole Norwest area & The Hills Dist but that has not stopped some nice CG over time. The median price is off a bit this year (2009) but we are only talking $570K which is down from $580K last year - no biggie.

North Rocks is a wonderful family area, with good land size to the blocks and in general quite a good community.

They have done some work to the Westfields there, but it still is probably the smallest / worst Westfields in Sydney.

Every second Sunday (I think) there is a big market/fair held at the school opposite, where they sell lots of electronics / computers / gadgety type of things. It is pretty popular.

It is on the brink of Parramatta, a hop away from the Hills area.

Public transport is the biggest problem.

**EDIT** Sorry Jrc I just realised I regurgitated most of your information! **

In North Rocks there is much less development then neighbouring suburbs such as Northmead, but I see this as a good thing as it is a really green (lots of trees) suburb, that presents as a family type area, something which is in demand locally.

Capital growth should not be an issue, as it hasn't been in the past, but as for rentability watch the transport issue and check comparable yields and prices in neighbouring suburbs for better value.

North Rocks

Hiya

We live just up the road from North Rocks; in Pennant Hills with a train line!!

(this line will run straight into Epping without a need to change and thru to Chatswood in the near future). People living in Cherrybrook and Castle Hill park here in the morning to catch the train into the CBD.

Can i suggest you come and drive around Pennant Hills? (the budget will be a bit tigher but still achievable!)

Pennant Hills is very self contained with its own libray, shopping centre, train station, good primary and high schools ) and very family oriented and very safe.

Cheers

Back