North Shore and Werribee South

not sure about geelong, but i think werribee will rise, my reasoning: the ripple effect hitting the outer suburbs of melbourne, this year and next, werribee/hoppers been flat the last 5 years, look at sunshine, last year it had large increases, the ripple is moving out

888Katone, Soren... I agree Werribee and Hoppers are very close to the city.....25 minutes non peak to Melbourne CBD and 40 min peak. It also has a good train service.

This area has been undervalued and has a better atmosphere than Sunshine. I own two places there....I suspect there will be good rises this year for the older properties. You can still buy under 200k in Werribee but these opportunities are runnning out fast as very few houses are now under this mark. A year ago you could buy for under 200K any day of the week.

I bought an old weather board needing work for 130K 18 months ago. Have spend 9K on renovations and will spend another 6K more. But is now rented for 180 pw.

I suspect I will have people pointing to the defaults in mortgages will reduce prices. Have no evidence that this is happening for older homes in Werribee, maybe the new homes but definitely not the older stock under 220 as demand exceeds supply.

Back