North West line connection to Badgerys Creek

my best guess is they run along Forester Road, when it hits end of this road, will follow the transmission line to Marsden Park
Station 1: between Ropes Crossing and Tregear
Station 2: between Willmot and Shalvey

This option path is cheap. Looking at a google map, Transport for NSW only need to acquire either the commercial or residential of Forester Rd after St Marys station. The rest of this path are mostly government owned land, flood prone or rural that is dirt cheap.

On southern side of St Marys I would think a station at Colyton and St Clair would be economical feasible.

Though there are draft plan to put track though St Marys, this may change so it goes to Penrith Station instead, as it is a major hub.

I wonder if the powers that be wished that they'd retained the old ropes creek line and the land that came with it. The track ran to the old ADI site (ropes crossing) with a Links Rd station and another near Dunheved Rd.

Running it down Forrester Rd and along the transmission line does seem the most feasible. The other side of Ropes Crossing is regional park so I don't know if they could run it down that way. Through St Marys does seem more direct than through Penrith. Having train stations would really put Willmot, Tregear, Shalvey and Ropes Crossing on the map. Most Sydney-siders have never heard of them.

Back