Off The Plan Property Issues

My solicitor told that they are getting advise on what to do next. I don't know what to do now with not much help with the conveyancer. Is there anywhere I can ask help for? Can you guys give me the details of the property solicitor in Melbourne so that I can call and find out what other things can be done in this case.

This might be worse than I thought - am I to undersatnd you are purchasing interstate?

Also, are you using a conveyancer or solicitor at present?

The Y-man

Can you guys give me the details of the property solicitor in Melbourne so that I can call and find out what other things can be done in this case.

Details of the Law Institute of Victoria Legal Referral Service below. The Law Institute is the governing body for lawyers in Victoria.

All law firms included in the service agree to see clients for up to the first 30 minutes free of charge. Normal fees will be charged after the first 30 minutes or if additional work needs to be prepared on your behalf.

Hours of operation: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
LIV Legal Referral Service
Ph. (03) 9607 9550

http://members.liv.asn.au/livweb/Referral.aspx

I am not purchasing interstate. I am in melbourne and buying the property in Melbourne. This is through conveyancer.

That's good - these things are worse if you aren't "on site".
Only reason I asked is because the "location" on your profile says Sydney....

Cheers,

The Y-man

Yes I lived in Sydney and relocated to Melbourne. The converyancer is saying to settle with dispute and then take it to VCAT. I told them I need to talk to lawyer before taking any decision. I have to find out lawyer first thing in the morning and discuss this. If you guys can let me know any good lawyers in Melbourne that will be great.

Yes I lived in Sydney and relocated to Melbourne. The converyancer is saying to settle with dispute and then take it to VCAT. I told them I need to talk to lawyer before taking any decision. I have to find out lawyer first thing in the morning and discuss this. If you guys can let me know any good lawyers in Melbourne that will be great.

I can recommend Steve Birkie from Enterprise Law
Ph 03 9558 0077 or 0419 045 545
He is located in Heatherton
Tell him Jamie from Blackburne referred you.

Do you have your finances in place?

Hi all,

I agree with Lake. This is another great reason to avoid OTP.

Siva,

You asked for advice because of short time span, and received a fast reply about "what did your solicitor say", yet 10 days later you are asking... "
If you guys can let me know any good lawyers in Melbourne that will be great.

My questions to you are...

1 Why have you taken so long to do something??

2 Did you follow the construction and communicate with the builder/developer at all during the building phase??

3 Do you know what you want to settle the dispute?? Having an action plan to discuss with your solicitor is important, ie....

a/ reduction in price (come up with a number you are happy with)
b/ contract completed to specification, with monetary penalty for delay
c/ return of all deposit with interest, plus expenses.

good luck

bye

Back