Offer accepted

Hi all.

Just wanted to give thanks to all those that have helped us buy our first IP.

I have just heard that our offer has been accepted on a duplex half in Shoalwater (WA). On market for $279-287K and we got it for $270K. 2 bed 1 bathroom. Kitchen, bathroom and laundry all recently renovated (it's an oldie) - all it needs is a good clean, a lick of paint to one bedroom and the loungeroom and a bit of a garden tidy up. Just one weekend's hard yakka will have it tenanted and doing its job!

No feelings of panic have set in, I feel we have done everything in our power to make the right decisions, thanks to advice and much reading of others' posts on this site.

So ........ THANK YOU.

Thanks for all the best wishes.

A VERY nice bottle was consumed last night. The REA brought one over too - so I've got a bit of a headache today!

Take care all

Good on you Minxdamanx

That sounds as if you are off to a flying start!

Now that you are a Property Investor, Welcome to the Club!!

Cheers
Kristine

Thanks all. The red was a Palandri - very nice too!

No Tizzy we don't intend to manage it ourselves. I've received two quotes from 2 separate PM's - both needing serious re-negotiation! Both are two local (small) agencies that I have heard very good things about, so would prefer to use either of them ... BUT, those fees!! Both 9.35% + everything else.

I'm a wuss plus can see both sides of EVERY story - the last thing I want to get involved in is tenants - I can see myself letting them get away with murder - much better if someone else manages it - them I will keep right on top of as I like to see value for money!

Take care all.

Back