offer expiry Qld

I submitted an offer on a property in queensland but forgot to include an expiry date and time in the special conditions.

Is there any default expiration date or is the offer now valid until the property sells?

No default time expiry.

If you want to terminate your offer, in writing, notify you wish to withdraw your offer effective immediately.

pinkboy

As long as you communicate your withdrawal of your offer before the seller communicates their acceptance of your offer you will be fine.

I want to buy the place, but usually include an expiry date and time to put a bit of pressure on the vendor to make a decision.

Can I make my letter of withdrawal conditional? Like "if not accepted by 5pm on 18 February 2014, this offer is hereby withdrawn"

Or would it be best to just talk to the agent and let them know we will be withdrawing our offer at cob on Tuesday?

It is your offer, you can do what ever you want with this. (whether it gets accepted or not starts this little dance of real estate investment)

Have a chat to the agent and follow it up in writing. Tell them that you want to move on another property. The offer will be withdrawn at XX:XX on XXXX

Cheers

Back