Old energy bill unpaid by tenant

just ontop of what headaches i've already got with current tenant, here i am with another problem from a previous tenant apparently refused to pay a True Energy - Electricity bill of 575 dollars, i rang the tenant and they said thats imposible the costs should of been half that and not willing to pay.

2. i rang true energy to shut down the meter apparently i agreed to transfer the cost to my name by saying yes to blah blah blah 5 minutes of terms n conditions, i only found out when the new bill came under my name now at 575 BUCKAROOs lol isaid no way i am paying for this as i've got proof that tenants lived during the months that this bill was for.

i then proceed to send them a spider drawing + proof of tenants rental dates and termination date. is this a correct way to deal with tru energy ? LoL i am trying not to go nuts thats why sented the spider drawing haha

What is a spider drawing?

If the bill was issued to the previous tenant, I don't understand how it can now be billed to you?

I would have thought they have to chase up the previous tenant, as the original bill was in his name, was it not?

yeah stressed out to the max atm.
i've no job atm, tenants not paying, bills coming in left right n center.
reason why its in my name is because i rang up to shut down the meter where infact they goes blah blah blah on the phone and i was in the rush i said yes shut it down and basically left at that, when new tenant moved in it, they happen to choose the same company tru energy and somehow they billed the last outstanding bill in my name saying "they have recordings that i finalised the last bill in my name", i am errr i rang up to shut down temporary until new tenants move in.

Spiderdrawing u serious ? that was awesome, these people send out bills like its going outa fashion and does not worry about your welfare at all, wasting your time, threatening legal action, if i dont pay bills in time.

i am quiet aware of the PMs fondness to spider drawings hehe..

If what you say is true and you shut the power off and finalised the bill, you would have proof of that right?

You know, like the bill that has Final Statement in large letters on it, that you would have kept with all those other receipts for taxation purposes.

these people send out bills like its going outa fashion
For product that was used
and does not worry about your welfare at all, wasting your time, threatening legal action, if i dont pay bills in time.
And your problem is:rolleyes:.......................

Dave

i shut down the power after tenant moved out which they left power and gas everything still connected, i just rang up to shut it down, somehow they got me to confirm i finalised the bill under my adress/name which is bad, cause i've been with this company 2 years before i started renting this house out. tenant did was change it over their name. now i finalised it, it somehow changed back to my name thats whats funny.

basically they are saying i am taking resposibility for the bills because it was in my name before, current tenant isnt paying so it goes to me. whats funny is the new tenant go with same company and he isnt paying rent, hopefully he is paying the bills.

legally i only have to proof that its not my responsibility and they chasing down the wrong guy ? would a rental contract cover this, if they see it ?

would a rental contract cover this, if they see it ?

If the contract has the tenants name and is signed by tenant and somewhere on the contract it says that it is the tenants responsibility to organise power and payment during the period in question then yes it should get them of your back,

But, like I said, you should have a copy of your finalised account any way if you finalised it, which would also work.

Is this the same place or are you starting a collection?

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49193

Dave

its the tenant previous to the current one which has totally disapeared on me, i am going to ring the police soon to organising entrace to property if its been abandon or not..

i only started renting my house out june last year to september and i had this new tenant with no problems until after new years he disapeared.. its all a learning process i guess, wish its trouble free collect rent and go thats all i wanted =\

Back