On-line saver bonus rates.... renewal

I sold a property and have funds sitting in an online saver account. Its obviously linked to decisions by the RBA re rate cuts and hikes. Last year I was getting 5.25% per month and now its down to 4%.

ANZ and NAB are able to renew the bonus rate on their respective online saver accounts every 4 months- their rate is 4% and 3.9%.

Bankwest offers 4.30% only for 6 months and they do not have a policy of renewing.

M.E bank offer 4.60% for 5months but only on balances up to 250k. Not sure if they renew like anz or nab? Not sure if their reputation? Can anyone comment?

HSBC offer 4.25% for 4 months. not sure if they renew after.

Can you offer any information as to products or investments where I can obtain cash flow each month. I live abroad on the interest....

Any options are appreciated.

You might want to check out UBANK, they offer 4.3% for online account last time i check. No bonus period, on going rate i believe.

Ta

Anne

Ive done further investigation

I cant use Ubank as it requires sms verification from oz mobile. I live abroad and thus cant do this.

ME bank and CBA do not renew after the bonus rate expiry

Just make sure you don't leave more than 250K in one account (the government guarantee).
This applies to all accounts, offsets included.

Ive done further investigation

I cant use Ubank as it requires sms verification from oz mobile. I live abroad and thus cant do this.

ME bank and CBA do not renew after the bonus rate expiry

How are ING and MacQuarie looking these days? They were ok last year but I think rates have fallen again.

Back